I am Still having ISSUES need help!!!! 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Stomper Herb 74

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am still having this damn issue when all the indicator lights come on. It is back at the dealer for the 2nd time. My jeep only has 7400 miles on it and it is mostly stock!!!! As I was driving enjoying my Jeep all of a sudden all the indicator lights go off. The radiator fan goes off as if I was overheating. I shut down the Jeep and I could not get it to start. Out of all places this happened at a Burger King drive thru... :mad::mad:... I was completely embarrassed as I pushed my Jeep out of the drive thru. The people around me helped me push and another gave me a jump after I ate my meal. The Jeep started but all the indicator lights remained on. I drove it home for about 50 miles with all this going on. The picture below. The computer said "Check TPM system" and on the other side was blinking "Hot Oil". My Jeep made it home but I had it towed to the dealer this morning. I got a rental car (a STINKIN MiniVan :mad::mad::mad:...)

Has anyone had this issue before? How did you get it fixed? Did I get a lemon?

1475201991499.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It sounds like the common issue of the negative terminal clip breaking off due to over tightening which is causing a loose connection

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmpen

Mine was doing the same thing. I had a ACC ground to the - terminal and didn't notice the stupid cone nut. Switched the ACC to one of the remote posts and lights were gone.

Rival

I agree with the guys above. I installled some accessories on my 2013 and used the innocent looking post on the battery to attach the ground. Little did I know that it is a conical nut which actually tightens the terminal which was impeded by the accessory lug. Had similar results to what you describe.

Check your ground. :yup:

Robertcrav

Mine has been at the dealer since last Wednesday night ...i had different symptoms...said the turn signal bulbs were out, cooling fans randomly worked...2 different water temp warnings and the a/c quit...they are replacing the TIPM ...part supposedly on back order but coming in tomorrow...fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Same as above. Battery terminal. We had a similar problem, but also it wouldn't start on occassion. Dealer said it was our fault because the terminals couldn't handle the additional leads from the winch and lights. They replaced them for free anyway.

Stomper Herb 74

I have called the dealer and left a message. I mentioned to them what I have read from here but yet to hear back from them. We'll see what they say. Thank you all for your help.[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
They will not like you telling them how to do their job, but I do it anyway. If the computer doesn't tell them what to do, they can't firgure it out.

Good luck, hopefully it is this simple.

Rival

Just to add some clarity to what I was doing wrong and what several others have done as well. It is so tempting to use the stud with the Nut on it when adding an accessory. Problem is, that nut is conical on the bottom and is critical to tightening the negative terminal. An M6X1 Nut from the local hardware store will work on the spare stud. Obviously, for several accessories you may want to consider an aftermarket terminal.

IMG_0233.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
They will not like you telling them how to do their job, but I do it anyway. If the computer doesn't tell them what to do, they can't figure it out.

Good luck, hopefully it is this simple.

This is so true. Not that they're not smart, but they've been so 'software' trained that they think the computer has to solve the issue for them. A lot of techs nowadays lack foundational automotive knowledge and proper diagnostic steps. The computer/scanner is a great tool, but still need human brain power and proper diagnostic steps to find the problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What everyone else has already said is dead on. More than likely your battery cable is the issue and your dealership SHOULD know as much.

sblackf1

You said you had to have your JK jumped? As in your battery was not strong enough to start your jeep? Just throwing it out there. but is it possible that you have bad or faulty battery (or something else faulty in the charging system)?

Top Bottom