Evo Sliders

So I'm almost positive I want to go this route but need some questions answered before I pull the plug. What are the pros and cons between the ones that are closer to the body vs the ones that act almost like steps. Along with that, what is the purpose of the rock skins? I love the look but know if I love it enough to put that many holes in the body...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

So I'm almost positive I want to go this route but need some questions answered before I pull the plug. What are the pros and cons between the ones that are closer to the body vs the ones that act almost like steps. Along with that, what is the purpose of the rock skins? I love the look but know if I love it enough to put that many holes in the body...

I have the low angle ones with no skins. I mostly wanted the low angle for the step purpose. I can't think of any cons they're great

Evil

If you use the sliders for their intended purpose of keeping the body off of the rocks then the low angle ones give you a few more inches of clearance.

The skins keep you from damaging the tub. I didn't have skins on when I made love to a rock and suffered some tub damage. I used the skins to cover up my little bender. Once you put them on, there is no going back so think hard before pulling the trigger.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If you run the sliders, the skins are mostly (but not completely) for looks. The low angle ones are simply lower to be used for a better step. I have the high angle ones and use them as a step all the time still.

Hot94Z28

I run the sliders without the skins, after the fact I wish I had got the skins cause it would be a lot easier to put them on before you weld the sliders.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Still helps. Thanks. Would like to see different angles. On how some tilt. Did not mean to interrupt thread. I'm thinking of my dog. Has anyone ever had them weld some plates on?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
skins probably aren't necessary if you have the sliders but i did enjoy the look on my 2 door. I had the Low angle "step" sliders but i think they also helped push your body away from rocks and trees a bit more than the normal angle. when i put a set on my 4 door they will also be the low angle. plus if you go low angle you can always come back around and install the skins with ease.

WJCO

Meme King
Still helps. Thanks. Would like to see different angles. On how some tilt. Did not mean to interrupt thread. I'm thinking of my dog. Has anyone ever had them weld some plates on?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking same thing for the kids. We ended up ordering the Lod ones because of the step. If you did get those EVO ones and wanted some plates, I'd be happy to help you out with the welding.

Has anyone screwed up the nutserts while doing the skins? This is my biggest worry, I know I gotta get a nutsert tool to make it way easier and I think I'm set on the "step" low angler sliders

Ddays

Hooked
Has anyone screwed up the nutserts while doing the skins? This is my biggest worry, I know I gotta get a nutsert tool to make it way easier and I think I'm set on the "step" low angler sliders

LOL...probably everyone that's done them. If you do screw one up you just drill them out & start over. Just be careful you don't egg a hole out.

scull20

I definitely screwed up a few nutserts when installing. It's not the end of the world. Just take your time...a second set of hands makes life easier when installing and lining things up.

Top Bottom