Injector cleaner do anything?

swampdog

I put a fuel system cleaner in the first tank after an oil change. No proof it does anything, but have been doing it since I was 16 so it's a habit at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
i use it on my 2010, 138000 miles and seat of the pants, when it begins to feel sluggish it seems to help.

my drive pattern is pretty consistent so I do notice it with mileage as well - it doesn't increase it but gets it back to where it usually is.

WJCO

Meme King
I've used BG 44k many times and have personally seen it fix pinging. Other than that, hard to say. There's so many of those things on the market nowadays.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not with my Jeep but when I bought My Titan new I was told by the dealership that if I used any type of injector cleaner it would void the warranty. Not sure if that is the case now but may be something to think about.

Bigjimbo

I've used seafoam. Lucas made one car run like absolute crap for that tank and I've never bought it again. Since I traditionally only put shell or sunoco in my vehicles, it's probably snakeoil.

love2wheel

I've used BG 44k many times and have personally seen it fix pinging. Other than that, hard to say. There's so many of those things on the market nowadays.
I know that the jk is rated for the low octane fuel. But I have noticed while running it it pings constantly in the low rpm. Switching. To a higher octane and running a cleaner solves this issue. It's a noise I just don't like and certainly is not a healthy sound.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

Drdiesel1

I prefer to use Techron in my vehicles. BG would be the best, but you can't buy it.

Amaon has it for 14 bucks if you can't find it local. Buy the 20 OZ bottle.
Untitled-1.jpg

Lucas is snake oil :doh:

WJCO

Meme King
what brand is BG?

Really!? I'll have to check my local store.

Sent from my LGL31L using WAYALIFE mobile app

BG is its own brand. My Oreillys has it right up on the counter. Years ago, McGuckin hardware in Boulder was carrying it as well. So I'm sure if you contact BG, they can tell you which stores they distribute it to, but it looks like you can buy it online too. It's not cheap but it lasts about 20k from my experience.

6a8aa0efd1a1e22cffff9180ffffe41e.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
If you use top tier gas you don't need any additional additives

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

anything with ethanol will cause build up over time, even with the top tier gas. that's why they promote how many detergents/additives they have in their fuel...you're paying more to get the additive already in the fuel but over time ethanol will still gum up injectors and do what it does.

The only time I notice a real improvement is when I use non-ethanol fuel (getting harder to find within city limits) with non-ethanol fuel the Jeep really wakes up in power and mileage.

Mike davis

Additive

Has anyone used Mopar CCC combustion cylinder cleaner? I've heard good things and watched a few you tube videos. Lotsa smoke after running spraying it down the throttle body and letting it sit for 6-8 hours to "dissolve " crud. Is it really burning out bad stuff or just burning the Mopar additive??

I've never used it on my JK but have on other cars. Does anyone know if it actually helps? Worth the $5? How often to be used?

View attachment 226504

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Top Bottom