Control arm question

Tkelly5

So I am looking at putting a lift on my JKUR. I am leaning toward the EVO Enforcer. I have also been looking at Metalcloak, which seems to be popular in my neck of the woods. My question is, do you really need to replace all of the control arms when you lift? What is the benefit? Both lifts seem to be close in price, and I noticed EVO doesn't even offer other control arms unless you go to a long arm. I am guessing there is a good reason for this. I just don't know it. Then my next question is 37 or 35? The never ending question. Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is no "need" to replace all the control arms with a mild lift like that. The benefit is that you can position both your axles AND set things like caster up front and pinion in the rear. You can also benefit from getting stronger arms and have joints that allow for a greater degree of bind free flex. But again, with either lift, it really isn't necessary. At bare minimum, I would recommend you get adjustable front lower arms to set caster and adjustable rear upper arms to set pink on angle. The amount of axle shift won't be enough to require repositioning.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
How much lift do you want?

No, you don't need to replace all 8 control arms when you lift your JKU. If you lift it 3"or more should get front adjustable lowers to set your caster and rear uppers to set your pinion angle if you get a rear drive shaft.

WJCO

Meme King
So I am looking at putting a lift on my JKUR. I am leaning toward the EVO Enforcer. I have also been looking at Metalcloak, which seems to be popular in my neck of the woods. My question is, do you really need to replace all of the control arms when you lift? What is the benefit? Both lifts seem to be close in price, and I noticed EVO doesn't even offer other control arms unless you go to a long arm. I am guessing there is a good reason for this. I just don't know it. Then my next question is 37 or 35? The never ending question. Thanks for any input!

35s or 37s is really up to you, not us. What's your ultimate goal?

Subscribed.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome.

Clowe

How much lift do you want?

No, you don't need to replace all 8 control arms when you lift your JKU. If you lift it 3"or more should get front adjustable lowers to set your caster and rear uppers to set your pinion angle if you get a rear drive shaft.

Why would you need rear uppers and not lowers? Sorry I am a little bit of a noob.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

you might try and give the guys at Trailjeeps a call. The are a vendor here on WAL, they will walk you through it and prob give you the best price on what you are looking for as well.

Heavyhaul07

As for 35 or 37". That's up to you all I can say is I have 35 and want 37. For what I like to do I think 37" are better. If I were just running trails that are more mellow then 35".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tkelly5

Yeah I just can't decide. I think because I want 37 I should just do it. Do I need to do anything extra to the front axle to run a large tire? I know I need gussets.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I just can't decide. I think because I want 37 I should just do it. Do I need to do anything extra to the front axle to run a large tire? I know I need gussets.

You may want to re-gear both axles if you're on a lot of hills. Power will suck with 37s on stock gear ratio.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I was thinking 5:13 for either size. That way I do t have to do it twice if I go smaller to begin with. What's a good brand of gears?

They're all pretty similarly made. Just don't go with a Chinese knockoff. Here's some common brands: Yukon, Revolution, Nitro, Spicer, Alloy.

Top Bottom