2015 Factory seat heaters don't get very warm.

Onefin

I have a 2015 JKUR with leather and factory seat heaters.
They just don't go beyond "luke warm", never warm, never hot.
Barley noticeable that they are even on.
Is this common?
My wife has a fancy BMW and the seat heaters are awesome; the jeep not so much seat heat awesomeness.
Anything I could do to verify they are functioning properly?
I want to get some seat covers, but I'm afraid once I do I'll never feel any heat with the additional layer.

Strange side note: my seats have a tag that says "katzkin by mopar" and the leather is more grey than black, not sure if this was par for the course in 2015. Edit: are all jk leather seats made by katzkin?

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
You can get a cheap temperature laser and move it around on both seats and see if they're the same or if there are cold/hot spots.

tdougherty81

I have a 2015 JKUR with leather and factory seat heaters.
They just don't go beyond "luke warm", never warm, never hot.
Barley noticeable that they are even on.
Is this common?
My wife has a fancy BMW and the seat heaters are awesome; the jeep not so much seat heat awesomeness.
Anything I could do to verify they are functioning properly?
I want to get some seat covers, but I'm afraid once I do I'll never feel any heat with the additional layer.

Strange side note: my seats have a tag that says "katzkin by mopar" and the leather is more grey than black, not sure if this was par for the course in 2015. Edit: are all jk leather seats made by katzkin?

Not a JK but my wife's new Renegade gets pretty hot with leather.

trailless

Caught the Bug
My 2014 with leather doesn't get hot either... I can have it set on 2 and drive until it shuts off without it ever getting hot.

JeepJeep75

My '15 with leather gets hot, then it seems to lower the temp, even though it's still set on 2. After awhile it sets itself to 1, then shuts off. It's good for mild mornings but mornings with doors off it is definitely lacking.

jmatta33

Try wearing a longer skirt.

Yeah this will definitely keep the legs warmer. Plus I find that you won't attract as much attention on the street too, which is a plus... LOL! In all seriousness, I would take it in to the dealer and have them test it out. At the very least go sit in another at the dealer to compare the heat to see if that is normal or yours is not getting hot enough.

trailraider

mine get pretty hot. it may be my imagination but they seem to get hotter when the heater temp is set to max. it may be the fact that I am just hot everywhere tho.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
My '13 seat heaters are terrible. I had the dealer confirm they're working as expected. He said a few years prior to mine, there were cases of melting occurring in the cloth seats because the temp was set to high so they lowered it. The cloth thermostats are set barely over 100 degrees and I think the leather ones are only around 130 degrees. That's at full power.

My '15 with leather gets hot, then it seems to lower the temp, even though it's still set on 2. After awhile it sets itself to 1, then shuts off. It's good for mild mornings but mornings with doors off it is definitely lacking.

As I understand it, that is an intentional "feature". It's like a turbo mode or something when you first set it to high. That will then cool off while still being set to high and then after even longer, it will go down to the lower setting. I find it a bit odd that they chose to do that on purpose.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
As I understand it, that is an intentional "feature". It's like a turbo mode or something when you first set it to high. That will then cool off while still being set to high and then after even longer, it will go down to the lower setting. I find it a bit odd that they chose to do that on purpose.

They are afraid of "I burned myself because I didn't turn it down and it is your fault" lawsuits.

RUBEERCON

They don't make them like they used to. Our 99 Grand Cherokee seat heaters would fry your ass. Our 2004 GC had great heaters. Our 2008 GC heaters were good. Our current 2013 GC heaters are lacking. Our 2015 JKU heaters are ok. They all work fine but the earlier years were almost too hot, I would always prank my passengers during the Summer. They should call them seat warmers now not seat heaters.

Not sure on your Katzkin seats I thought those were aftermarket.

Top Bottom