Anyone Have the Fender Delete Kit?

jmatta33

Just curious if anyone as the fender delete kit from ACE Engineering? I saw them on Northridge4x4 and I kind of like the no fender look. Biggest question for me though is, obviously these are going to be illegal in some states so does anyone know if this would even be legal in Virginia? If I dont do this, I will be getting rid of my crusher flares and just trimming the stock fenders down...

I ran the ACE delete kit for about 6 months. I replaced the fronts with the ACE narrow flares as the tiniest puddle would spray the crap out of the side of the jeep...it made taking the doors off very dangerous for the wifey lol.

Narrow fronts and delete rear:
hardtop hoist_6.29.16.jpg

Delete kit complete - Sorry, not the greatest picture, but you can get the idea from the front, if you squint a little lol.
Jeep Hidden Falls Creek Bed.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Just curious if anyone as the fender delete kit from ACE Engineering? I saw them on Northridge4x4 and I kind of like the no fender look. Biggest question for me though is, obviously these are going to be illegal in some states so does anyone know if this would even be legal in Virginia? If I dont do this, I will be getting rid of my crusher flares and just trimming the stock fenders down...

I have not found any rules or regulations regarding tire coverage here in VA.

I've seen the ACE kit in person and I didn't care for how they didn't make the area flush with the body. There was also a gap between the top "delete" material and the bottom of the regular body.

If you haven't seen them, take a look at Crawler Conceptz corner armor

http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.ph...-4-door-full-rear-corner-armor-no-flares.html

jmatta33

I ran the ACE delete kit for about 6 months. I replaced the fronts with the ACE narrow flares as the tiniest puddle would spray the crap out of the side of the jeep...it made taking the doors off very dangerous for the wifey lol.

Great point, although I may run them without the front fenders just for this reason now that you mention it LOL :yup:

jmatta33

I have not found any rules or regulations regarding tire coverage here in VA.

I've seen the ACE kit in person and I didn't care for how they didn't make the area flush with the body. There was also a gap between the top "delete" material and the bottom of the regular body.

If you haven't seen them, take a look at Crawler Conceptz corner armor

http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.ph...-4-door-full-rear-corner-armor-no-flares.html

Yeah The pictures on Northridge aren't very good. I would really like to see them in person. Maybe I will just do the rear and get a set of stock fronts to trim to prevent water spray lol.

Great point, although I may run them without the front fenders just for this reason now that you mention it LOL :yup:

Yep, it was definitely fun as hell for the short time I ran it. I love the fenderless look in the near though. They match up pretty good with the well...requires a little bit of trimming if you want them to match exactly...I could care less though, looks good enough for me lol.

jmatta33

Just looked at the Crawler Conceptz link, Im doing the EVO carrier and skins so this wont work for me.

jmatta33

Yep, it was definitely fun as hell for the short time I ran it. I love the fenderless look in the near though. They match up pretty good with the well...requires a little bit of trimming if you want them to match exactly...I could care less though, looks good enough for me lol.

yeah I think based off of your pictures I am sold. Probably doing this in the rear and then just getting some stocks to trim for the front. Thanks for the info and the pics!

kcdee00

I have a bud that has the ace deletes.... I'm cheap so I just removed trimmed stock fenders and taped off and bedlined to make it look like the delete kit. The plus side to mine is I can put my stock flares back on in 20 minutes and take them off in the same amount of time. These guys are right though. If you run in the rain with no doors you will get drenched!! IMG_1476290524.316358.jpg IMG_1476290542.801844.jpg IMG_1476290559.421120.jpg
IMG_1476290669.818944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a bud that has the ace deletes.... I'm cheap so I just removed trimmed stock fenders and taped off and bedlined to make it look like the delete kit. The plus side to mine is I can put my stock flares back on in 20 minutes and take them off in the same amount of time. These guys are right though. If you run in the rain with no doors you will get drenched!! View attachment 226704 View attachment 226705 View attachment 226706
View attachment 226707

That turned out awesome man. Wish I would have done that instead lol

jmatta33

I have a bud that has the ace deletes.... I'm cheap so I just removed trimmed stock fenders and taped off and bedlined to make it look like the delete kit. The plus side to mine is I can put my stock flares back on in 20 minutes and take them off in the same amount of time. These guys are right though. If you run in the rain with no doors you will get drenched!!

Looks great without them front and back but I will likely at least run them in the front. Especially now that I know I can just get the EVO Skins that delete the rear as well!

jmatta33

What issues did you have with the steel fenders?

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I was alone when installing which I do not recommend at all lol. I jacked up some of the whole locations (which was my fault). The body lines on my tub were screwed up because it was a salvage and was poorly repaired so getting them to fit on the passenger side was a PITA. Also, they were powder coated but somehow managed to rust under the powder coating. The original owner had them for a couple weeks and decided to go a different route so I got them right after they were powder coated and they were only on his Jeep for a few days before he took them off. I have the rocker knockers from the same guy and they have held up fine powder coat wise so I am not sure what the issue with the flares were. Also, a lot of guys that do serious wheeling with them say they will damage your body if you hit stuff on the trail, so between the PITA install and the potential for more costly damage, I would rather not have any or at the very least have the stock ones trimmed and call it a day. They do look nice though. So if you get a set just make sure they are finished and installed properly and they will look great. Just not something I would do over again if I had the opportunity.

Top Bottom