Info and opinions on front d44

10abadilla/jk

1476300233908.jpg
Saw this deal and was wondering what everyone thought. I know pr44 is what everyone is going to tell me to invest in. But I'm just interested to hear about this axle. And if I should consider it an option as well.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

swampdog

Still has the same end forging some as a Dana 30/44 from my understanding. Also, $3500 for an axle with an open diff, that's the same price as a PR44 with our a locker, so why get an inferior product for the same price?

jango

It all depends on how hard you wheel your rig, and how good of a driver you are IMO. If you wanted to do mostly intermediate trails and run 35s-37s then Id say ya that axle would do the job. If youre looking to do harder trails and run 37s-40s that probably would break sooner or later.

WJCO

Meme King
When I was looking, I remember that UD44 axle being basically a glorified stock rubi axle with a higher price tag. However, I have no personal experience with it. Not even sure if it's built in the US honestly. I ended up going with the ProRock because tubes were thicker, Dynatrac had more locker options, bigger end forgings, and I really felt like their service was impressive. I just couldn't see dropping that kind of money and not spending a little extra for the best I could get.

Untitled.jpg

I know you already knew you would be steered toward Dynatrac, and honestly check out their FAQ page. This is a company that really takes the time to show the product to the customer. That in itself is huge to me.

http://www.dynatrac.com/downloads/ProRock FAQ_revK.pdf

jango

Still has the same end forging some as a Dana 30/44 from my understanding. Also, $3500 for an axle with an open diff, that's the same price as a PR44 with our a locker, so why get an inferior product for the same price?

I believe in the specs it comes with a selectable e locker

Ddays

Hooked
How much is a kick-ass warranty along with unequaled customer service worth? Give Dana a call & see if you can get someone on the phone to troubleshoot an issue. I've dealt with Dynatrac several times via phone over the past year, and as recently as 2 weeks ago.
These guys have earned the great reputation they enjoy in this industry. I understand money doesn't grow on trees and buying all of this cool Jeep shit hurts the pocketbook sometimes, but the old cliche that you get what you pay for rings true here. In the end, its your money, but at the same time when you get to these price levels you need to spend wisely.

10abadilla/jk

Exact info I needed to steer clear. I figured there was the possibility of the end forgings to be the same is the stock 30/44. I guess the saving continues for the dynatrac. Thank you all for the input

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom