Lift kits

NatedTJ

Okay when it comes to me lifting my jeep again I am wondering what's a good lift kit iwas thinking about rubicon express idk what do y'all like on a Tj... I am trying to stay away from RC and get a little nicer kit.
Wanna hear what you have to say.:)

jeep-creep

35-37's now, what's your budget?
Wheels/tires cost...
Lift cost.. Budget boost? Or full suspension?
Search budget boost, composited to suspension lifts, and see how that matches your, gold cache you can spend.

Tackerdown

Banned
He sent me a link for a BDS I believe . it was a 6 inch long arm for somewhere just under 3000. I am a noob to so I'm not sure if thay are reputable but there vid they had posted was pretty freakin impressive .

C.O.D.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say like 35's 37's max..:thinking:.

Back when I still had my TJ, I ran a Rubicon Express 3.5" lift and got it to clear 35's with the addition of a 1" body lift. If you can afford it, a 4" long arm kit would be the way to go. I eventually installed a Full Traction 4" long arm kit which is a true 4 link front end design and ran 35's no problem and it was awesome. Before I sold it, I ran 6" coils and they cleared 37's great. It's what I would recommend if you can afford it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
He sent me a link for a BDS I believe . it was a 6 inch long arm for somewhere just under 3000. I am a noob to so I'm not sure if thay are reputable but there vid they had posted was pretty freakin impressive .

C.O.D.

Most good TJ long arm kits cost around $3,000. Not including the driveshaft, SYE and Shocks. If do go with RE, get the 4 link front and rear 3 link.

NatedTJ

I might just go with a ft or re 4" with one body 35s

Thanks y'all for all the input a lot of good stuff I love hearing it:)

nyglt56

Do you want to be tall? Or short.

I personally run RC 2.5 progressives, bilsteins shocks, rokmen CAs on 35s going on 37s. It's a short lift. I net .5-1" over stock.

Note* I ran 35s on the same lift minus the MCs also. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358529410.400260.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358529420.904533.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358529561.195153.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358529567.515474.jpg

nyglt56

I do have the RC 2.5 already on. My jeep

Perfect. Unless you're wanting to go taller I'd advise you keep it. Change out shocks, CAs, steering and you'll be more than capable with that coil. Don't blow money on lifts or lift kits. A friend of mine did. Trying to prevent you from doing the same lol

Top Bottom