In Dash Navigation Options

Ryno77

Hey guys. I currently have a 430 in dash and am looking to upgrade. I feel like the big three options are Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine. After researching online and within the forum, I am even more confused as to which to go with. My primary use will be iphone capability to play music, Bluetooth for phone, and navigation.

I would love to hear from those that own one of the non oem options as far as personal experience and what they like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Do you already have blue tooth? I just use my OEM 430N as a backup. I find it much more useful to have a good quality phone mount. I use a pro-clip. Then my iPhone 7 plus is my waze or google maps navigation, pandora, spotify, my whole music collection, etc. If I'm out in the boonies and need nav, then I use the 430N. The phone works better than any headunit and it's easier to upgrade and much cheaper!

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I have the alpine w940. Had it for about two years. Built in navigation works really well. Bluetooth hooks up with no problems. I've been really happy with it plus it's not expensive as far as some of these units go.
Another plus is if you're looking for better/louder sound alpine has a very small plug and play inline amplifier that really helps the 6.5 speakers.

I have the alpine w940. Had it for about two years. Built in navigation works really well. Bluetooth hooks up with no problems. I've been really happy with it plus it's not expensive as far as some of these units go.
Another plus is if you're looking for better/louder sound alpine has a very small plug and play inline amplifier that really helps the 6.5 speakers.

jet.com has that head unit for $519 with free shipping, plus if you sign up for the site you get 15% off...if anyone is interested!

btw, if I am not allowed to link to that site, please remove!

ScoobyCarolanNC

Alpine ILX-007 in my dash. It's an AM/FM Radio with CarPlay. I have the Infinity sound upgrade from the factory (tweeters & sub). It's amazing now.

Sent from my duck blind.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
while this topic is up, why no love for the Insane Audio unit? having admittedly not looked into the options extensively, this seems like one of the better/if not the best choice from first glance, however for some reason, they never seem to be mentioned. :hmm:

Ryno77

while this topic is up, why no love for the Insane Audio unit? having admittedly not looked into the options extensively, this seems like one of the better/if not the best choice from first glance, however for some reason, they never seem to be mentioned. :hmm:

Honestly, I was not aware of that unit. I will do some research! Thanks for mentioning them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm hoping the price for the restyle kits comes down. I think you can get them cheaper if you do the install since everywhere I have priced them includes the install. i'm trying to decide between the CarPlay and Navigation models. I will have to squirrel away the money for them so that should give the price time to drop.

Top Bottom