Ball joint replacement

Tumbleweed12

So I went to grease my ball joints and I noticed that one of the boots ripped. They are the original ball joints so I'm not surprised and I'm pretty sure the guy that owned the jeep before me just changed the oil and that's it.

Anyways, I'm looking for thoughts on whether I should just replace the one ball joint or all four. I would love to put on some dynatrac ball joints but budget doesn't permit.

Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

My $.02? Boot torn isnt anything to be concerned about. You could still drive on them for a while and save up for the Dynatracs and be done. Now if they are loose than thats a diff story and they need to be fixed with that you can afford today

sent from some burner phone found in a dumpster

Journeyman

If your gonna take the time to strip the axle down, I would replace both ball joints on that side.
I'm sure there's different ways to press in the new ball joints, but the set up I have works best to start with pressing the lower ball joint in first with the tool going up through the vacant hole where the upper would be. I just did mine right sides on Monday afternoon (again) and the biggest problem I had was getting the steering knuckle to pop free of the ball joints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom