What's this... a new Honey??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check it out!! Just found this at our local BevMo! and according to the label, it's actually rated as a 90 Point liquor. American Honey is only an 86. Any of you try this stuff yet??
IMG_3326[1].jpg

We're about to do a taste test :D
attachment.php

JAGS

Hooked
Not yet...but I'm you'll let us know soon enough. Have you seen/tried the new JD Honey?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, tried all the Honeys out there, JD, Evan Williams, Seagrams and don't like any of them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's different than American Honey for sure.

The nose has a much stronger alcohol fragrance than sweet...

In the mouth, it's very smooth and not sweet at all... just hints of honey...

The finish is smooth as well - no bite at the back of the mouth but a slight burn deeper down...

Overall, it's not too bad. Way better than any of the other Honeys I've had and if you don't like sweet liquors, you might like this better. I definitely still like American Honey more but, this wasn't too bad. More different than anything. I will say that it does have LESS alcohol than American Honey but it sure felt like it had more. :D

FallonJeeper

I've had Jack Honey, Seagram's Honey and American Honey. I like American Honey best with Seagrams a close second. Jack is crap.

Mikes Offroad

I wish we could get American Honey Up here. I have looked and looked but no luck. Maybe need to pick some up when I hit Vegas at the end of the month and bring it back.

Tackerdown

Banned
Try this, its close to your description of that one.
1358303653404.jpg
If you want American honey sweet this is not the one you want. It is very smooth though.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
The nose has a much stronger alcohol fragrance than sweet...

In the mouth, it's very smooth and not sweet at all... just hints of honey...

The finish is smooth as well - no bite at the back of the mouth but a slight burn deeper down...

IMHO that is the issue with all the other versions. They are whiskeys or bourbons with a hint of honey. I rather just drink plain whiskey or bourbon. But american honey is so sweet it really doesn't try to be a bourbon. Of course I would never drink regular wild turkey in its plain form. :(

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
IMHO that is the issue with all the other versions. They are whiskeys or bourbons with a hint of honey. I rather just drink plain whiskey or bourbon. But american honey is so sweet it really doesn't try to be a bourbon. Of course I would never drink regular wild turkey in its plain form. :(

you are not the redneck I thought you were!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
you are not the redneck I thought you were!

Don't sell him short. He lives in Nevada which means he'll drink what you put in front of him. No muss, no fuss, no whining like a former midwest LEO turned SoCal offroad guy...Nevadans just lift it up and put it down.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Don't sell him short. He lives in Nevada which means he'll drink what you put in front of him. No muss, no fuss, no whining like a former midwest LEO turned SoCal offroad guy...Nevadans just lift it up and put it down.

I bet you guys put anything in your mouth

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom