PDA

View Full Version : What's this... a new Honey??

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 01:59 AM
Check it out!! Just found this at our local BevMo! and according to the label, it's actually rated as a 90 Point liquor. American Honey is only an 86. Any of you try this stuff yet??

We're about to do a taste test :D
http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12430&d=1358300960

JAGS
01-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Not yet...but I'm you'll let us know soon enough. Have you seen/tried the new JD Honey?

GCM 2
01-16-2013, 02:02 AM
Hmmmm......I hope that is yummy :thumb:

bdmckenna
01-16-2013, 02:09 AM
Not yet...but I'm you'll let us know soon enough. Have you seen/tried the new JD Honey?

Tried the JD Honey. It's not a smooth. Good but I prefer the American Honey

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 02:17 AM
Yes, tried all the Honeys out there, JD, Evan Williams, Seagrams and don't like any of them.

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Okay, here goes nothing....

MTG
01-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Had it. Bleh!

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Well, it's different than American Honey for sure.

The nose has a much stronger alcohol fragrance than sweet...

In the mouth, it's very smooth and not sweet at all... just hints of honey...

The finish is smooth as well - no bite at the back of the mouth but a slight burn deeper down...

Overall, it's not too bad. Way better than any of the other Honeys I've had and if you don't like sweet liquors, you might like this better. I definitely still like American Honey more but, this wasn't too bad. More different than anything. I will say that it does have LESS alcohol than American Honey but it sure felt like it had more. :D

FallonJeeper
01-16-2013, 02:29 AM
I've had Jack Honey, Seagram's Honey and American Honey. I like American Honey best with Seagrams a close second. Jack is crap.

Mikes Offroad
01-16-2013, 02:30 AM
I wish we could get American Honey Up here. I have looked and looked but no luck. Maybe need to pick some up when I hit Vegas at the end of the month and bring it back.

Tackerdown
01-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Try this, its close to your description of that one.
If you want American honey sweet this is not the one you want. It is very smooth though.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG
01-16-2013, 02:45 AM
The nose has a much stronger alcohol fragrance than sweet...

In the mouth, it's very smooth and not sweet at all... just hints of honey...

The finish is smooth as well - no bite at the back of the mouth but a slight burn deeper down...

IMHO that is the issue with all the other versions. They are whiskeys or bourbons with a hint of honey. I rather just drink plain whiskey or bourbon. But american honey is so sweet it really doesn't try to be a bourbon. Of course I would never drink regular wild turkey in its plain form. :(

piginajeep
01-16-2013, 02:53 AM
IMHO that is the issue with all the other versions. They are whiskeys or bourbons with a hint of honey. I rather just drink plain whiskey or bourbon. But american honey is so sweet it really doesn't try to be a bourbon. Of course I would never drink regular wild turkey in its plain form. :(

you are not the redneck I thought you were!

Sharkey
01-16-2013, 03:00 AM

Don't sell him short. He lives in Nevada which means he'll drink what you put in front of him. No muss, no fuss, no whining like a former midwest LEO turned SoCal offroad guy...Nevadans just lift it up and put it down.

FallonJeeper
01-16-2013, 03:11 AM
He lives in Nevada which means he'll drink what you put in front of him. No muss, no fuss, no whining like a former midwest LEO turned SoCal offroad guy...Nevadans just lift it up and put it down.

Nothing wrong with that. ;o)

piginajeep
01-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Don't sell him short. He lives in Nevada which means he'll drink what you put in front of him. No muss, no fuss, no whining like a former midwest LEO turned SoCal offroad guy...Nevadans just lift it up and put it down.

I bet you guys put anything in your mouth

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey
01-16-2013, 05:30 AM

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

MTG
01-16-2013, 05:31 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, he said Nevada not Ohio.

OverlanderJK
01-16-2013, 07:24 AM

hahaha! :cheesy::cheesy:

Trail Bud
01-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Check it out!! Just found this at our local BevMo! and according to the label, it's actually rated as a 90 Point liquor. American Honey is only an 86. Any of you try this stuff yet??

We're about to do a taste test :D
http://wayalife.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12430&d=1358300960

Can't be as good as the orginal.

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 03:24 PM
I've had Jack Honey, Seagram's Honey and American Honey. I like American Honey best with Seagrams a close second. Jack is crap.

Oh yeah, the Jack is pretty bad.

I wish we could get American Honey Up here. I have looked and looked but no luck. Maybe need to pick some up when I hit Vegas at the end of the month and bring it back.

What brings you down to Vegas?

Try this, its close to your description of that one.
If you want American honey sweet this is not the one you want. It is very smooth though.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bushmills... really? Gulp, I suppose I will have to try it sometime :crazyeyes:

I understand where you're coming from :cool:

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 03:25 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, he said Nevada not Ohio.

:cheesy: Will you guys be here all week? :D

wayoflife
01-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Can't be as good as the orginal.

It's not. Good, but not that good :D

Pavel9934S
01-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi Eddie & all

please don't change American Honey:grayno:
I am relieved that you get at American Honey .. bleint now that I know where I can buy american honey ... and I can with American Honey enjoy wayalife videos :yup::yup::thumb::thumb:

Pavel

Sharkey
01-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Smith's by me has American Honey for $18 right now. I have to get the kids to sleep so I can go buy a bottle.