2014 JKUR - injector leaking

sblackf1

Soooo, I replaced my oil pressure sensor with a remote kit with no problems (from that aspect). But after reassembling and putting the key in the on position, one of my injectors are leaking/spraying gas. The injectors/lower half of the intake manifold and the fuel rail are all interconnected. During my sensor change I did knock loose an injector and I re-seated it with not problems from that injector. The injector leaking is the one next to the one I knocked loose. So I'm sure it was my fault somewhere in the process.

Does any one have any experience in this area yet? I will end up taking the injectors/manifold peice off and see if it didn't line up correctly but not sure how it could have gotten 'off'. it visibly looks like its seated correctly like the others. the leak is coming out between the fuel rail and the injector. I'm not opposed to buying one if I know that will fix the problem. Just trying to understand it since there looks to be zero options to adjust its position. I want to make sure I explore all options. My current plan is to take it out, check to make sure the O-ring is not rolled/bent/missing/misaligned and put it all back in. Any other suggestions? Google has not been particularly helpful.

start at the 20 second mark:
https://youtu.be/DwdmKXR5NSo

WJCO

Meme King
It's likely not so much that you messed something up, but more of an industry standard that you should always replace ALL fuel injector orings anytime you disturb the rail. You might get lucky by unseating it and putting a very small amount of vasoline around the oring, but if you're tearing it down that far, you might as well replace them all.

Obviously, I can't see the exact source of failure, but it is common that injector orings leak once they are disturbed.

EDIT: Look closely for cracks when you get it apart too.

Last edited:

srbell0585

That is a huge leak. It's either not seated all the way, the o ring tore when re-seating or possibly the injector was damaged. It's not a bad habit to replace those o rings when the injectors are removed but certainly not required. Just make sure to clean the o ring and lube to prevent damage to the seal when its re installed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using WAYALIFE mobile app

sblackf1

Update

I removed the torx bolts holding the fuel rail and the middle injector disconnected with the blue oring falling out. The other two stayed connected to the rail. I know I could have swapped out the O rings for new ones but with only 28K miles and a visual inspection looked good. I vaselined them up and stuck them back in. They did not leak. This concludes my remote oil pressure sensor install which was also successful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom