2013 Jeep JKUR transmission "issues" need help!

cdl

Looking for help / advise with my shifting issues. I have a 2013 JKUR automatic with 4:10 factory gears. My Jeep feels like it is up shifting when it shouldn't. The problem is most noticeable while I'm driving up hill on roads that force my Jeep to shift a lot. My Jeep will up shift between 1.5 and 2k RPM's which cause it to "bog" down. Sometimes the Jeep will bog down so bad that I can feel it stutter and see it in the tach. I did have the missfire problem which was fixed (I think). If I drive slowly on a flat road the Jeep will shift thru the first three gears before I reach 25 mph. I live in San Diego and I have taken the Jeep to the Jack Powel dealership to have them look at it. They could not find anything wrong. I also took the Jeep to the Bob Baker dealership, who said they found some "codes" to adjust. I am looking for any advise or suggestions to get this fixed.

Thank you in advance

Chris

aldaman

If you are still running the factory tires, maybe the dealership needs to reflash your computer/ECM or may need a software update.

If you're running bigger tires 33s / 35s you will need to calibrate your speedometer with a procal or tuner to help with the transmission shift points...:beer:

ScoobyCarolanNC

If you are still running the factory tires, maybe the dealership needs to reflash your computer/ECM or may need a software update.

If you're running bigger tires 33s / 35s you will need to calibrate your speedometer with a procal or tuner to help with the transmission shift points...:beer:

This for sure. I was having some issues & my dealer said they did a "quick learn". Basically a modern auto adapts shift points (based on a stock program) to your driving style. If that program gets messed up or something changes it can't figure it out. It can learn wrong and start acting weird. If you've changed tire sizes the procal may help but you'll also need the ECU & TCM reset to undo it. Keep in mind if they reset the ecu you need to run the procal again.

Sent from my duck blind.

Top Bottom