Auxiliary Light Switches

Shad0w

What's up guys, so this summer I am planning on doing a complete redo of my JKU but the only problem I have run into is where to put the switches for my auxiliary lights, like a switchbox or something that someone sells that they are on a different switch system from my headlights. Thanks!

Atch

I love my sPOD, easy install & very clean. The switches are placed between the visors.

Rebel JK

I love my sPOD, easy install & very clean. The switches are placed between the visors.

My 08 Rubi I bought used has 4 aux. Switches at bottom of dash in center, right above the floor panel. Looks OEM and may be something to check into.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Here is where I mounted mine. Not sure if that's what you are asking though. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1358315023.695205.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I used the rugged ridge mount.

DSC_0240.jpg

Not a fan of the sPOD though.

bl17z90

These zombie lights seem to be getting a lot of attention lately.....hmmmmm :thinking:

Offroad Engineering has a system similar and some would say better than the spod. Either one in my opinion is a great way to clean up your wires and keep your wires all in the same area.

Trembley

My only question with the off road engineering set up is approx. cost, I know they do them custom for the each customer but a ball park figure on the website would be nice lol! Just to see how competitive it is with sPod. I know it's just a phone call away but hey...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really liked the sPod switches up until I caught the owner of it redhanded undercover pimping them on JKF. He signed up with multiple accounts, one pretending to be a girl who didn't know anything and essentially had conversations with himself to promote his product and put other solutions down. I know most people don't care about things like honesty and integrity but, they still matter to me.

Having said that, I decided to look for and buy a solution made by someone else and found the Off Road Engineering switch system. Mine cost me about $350 to have custom made, was programed the way I wanted, has a panel that can be mounted just about anywhere and in my opinion, was a better solution all the way around. Here's a link to the showoff thread I started on it awhile back:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...m-Switch-Panel-Installed!!&highlight=switches

Another solution that I have found since that time is still cheaper than the sPod and just as versitile:

http://www.shopwiredhdh.com/Flat-Sw...ries--Programmable--MADE-IN-THE-USA_p_14.html

Of course, it's your money and you can spend it however you want but, if you look at the alternatives, I think you'll agree that these other two options are just as good if not better than the sPod. At least, I think so anyway.

Top Bottom