Installed new hi lift mount on hood now can't use windshield washers

Jegar

Hopefully someone will chime in who actually has the mount and can give you more accurate information. When I was researching mounts, it was mentioned frequently that the washer spray is a "no go" with the hood mount. And I did not come across anyone that had a solution to this problem. I did not see any mention of interference with the actual blades, just the spray.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKTim

I have the Jack mounted on my hood. One thing you can do is stack some washers to raise the jack on the mounts a bit. Also depending on what mount you have, the position of the Jack makes a difference. With mine, I'll get some spray on the windshield if the Jack handle faces outward towards the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_1476668462.286361.jpg

BaddestCross

Lol! I have the same problem. If you're going fast enough you get some spray on the windshield.

Hi-Lift says to mount the jack with the handle facing the windshield, so not sure if facing out out is a good idea.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Installed new hi lift mount on hood now can't use windshield washers any ideas it's the hi lift mount with a hi lift

Other than making the mistake to use it to change a tire, when was the last time you actually needed to use your Hi-Lift out on the trail? Or, were you just wanting it up on your hood because you think it looks cool and really, there's nothing wrong with that.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Other than making the mistake to use it to change a tire, when was the last time you actually needed to use your Hi-Lift out on the trail? Or, were you just wanting it up on your hood because you think it looks cool and really, there's nothing wrong with that.

We only ever used my Dad's hi-lift on his tractor, and once to jack up the side of a house to level it (not my idea, my uncle's). Things are dangerous.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailraider

Or, were you just wanting it up on your hood because you think it looks cool and really, there's nothing wrong with that.

funny you say this, cause I thought that's what all this was about was looking cool. lol

in all seriousness tho I have a hi-lift and have only used it once in 22 years of off-roading. we used it to pry a cab open to get someone out in a roll over. More then I can say about the fire extinguisher I have never used. but I carry as much safety equipment as I can. I don't have issues with the washer nozzles on mine, but I also take the jack off the hood when I'm not on the trail.

you never know what you will encounter

I think I used mine once hooked to a strap to keep someone from sliding off a trail in the slippery mud. And a couple times to change a tire in my yard (damn near killed myself). Come to think of it, I've never used the factory jack either...but it does look cool on my Jeep!:bleh:

Although the bungee cords to keep it from rattling look kinda dumb...:thinking::beer::beer:
20161013_155540.jpg

The jack won't allow you to use the sprayer I've tried both sides and still nothing if you drive fast enough and do it, the water kinda hits! I guess I don't really use that feature though gas stations have wipers for free! Hahaha

13jkdune

I stacked 5 washer under it and seem to only spray the bottom works for me lol. I like to have a jack on my jeep at all time the favtory one is to small now so the hi lift will work

BaddestCross

Lol. Yeah, I do like the way it looks. Besides that, since I mostly wheel alone, I like having tools that have multiple uses onboard "just in case" especially having limited space in a 2-door. Any jack is inherently dangerous, particularly on the trail (being uneven and all). The large off-road base helps a lot. Is it the safest jack around? Absolutely not. Does it fulfill a purpose? Several that I hope I'll never need. 😎

I have it mounted on the hood because it fits, looks good (to me!), and since I have yet to install an aftermarket tire carrier, it's the best place for it right now. Even then, I may leave it up front for weight distribution.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

I am definitely guilty of getting some stuff for my Jeep and motorcycles that really aren't practical but they look "cool" lol. But the hood seems like a really bad place for the jack despite how cool it looks. I know for a fact if I mounted mine on the hood, there would dents and scratches everywhere :yup: That being said, if you really want to keep it mounted there just get the nozzle relocation kit. Otherwise, relocate it to the rear of the Jeep...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

A hi lift is heavy...IMHO, the worst place to mount it would be on the hood, forget the safety aspect of it possibly flying through your windshield in the event of an accident, taking it off and scratching your hood seems inevitable, which is $500 in damage to get the hood painted lol.

OP, in my opinion, dump it. Want a cool accessory on the hood, get a lightbar or something.

Top Bottom