Wayalife First Impressions

GraniteCrystal

I thought it could be entertaining to look back at how we all started. Feel free to post up a summary and link to your first foray into Wayalife.

Summary:
My first post was asking for feedback on BlackOak LEDs. Everyone thought I was maybe an employee of theirs (I gave good reason to think so) and I also solicited business for myself. Not the best first impression. But...Hinrichs, Skid_kid, OverlanderJK, and WJCO went easy on me, showed me the error of my ways and I was able to redeem myself. Been having a good time ever since.

Link:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?32670-Black-Oak-LEDs

Anybody else have some interesting/funny first interactions?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I can't find the link to it, on my phone, but I had decided I was going to run EVO 2" coils up front, and Teraflex 2" coils in the rear. OverlanderJK said, "It'll ride like shit." I said, "Maybe." He said, "Oh, it will." Glad I listened to him, and glad everybody didn't chime in, saying what a great idea that would be, like definitely would have happened on another forum, in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
This is a great thread idea and I think it helps us all see where we came from. It is pretty much fresh in my memory and when I read the thread now, it still pains me:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?29110-37-quot-tires-on-stock-Dana-30/page3

My entire idea about my build was blown out of the water by Eddie starting on post #23. And I am grateful for his inquiry and subsequent help. I pretty much got slaughtered after that, being that my understanding regarding suspension systems was so minimal at that time (it still is not a lot, but better nowadays). I had this idea in my head that I was good with my Rock Krawler setup but was curious what all the talk was about EVO MFG and their suspension setups. This is where my entire build changed ENTIRELY. I learned so much about the importance of drive train and axles.

I am so grateful to Eddie and the rest of the brain trust here at Wayalife. I really am. It was uncomfortable to realize I was wrong, but this discomfort is completely offset by my comfort out on the trail. I am VERY happy with the knowledge I learned in just that thread, something I continue to appreciate everyday I go wheeling with RubySky. Yes, I got called a troll and people in essence told me to go away. I even got joshed by Eddie as well. But it was all in good nature and was for my benefit, that people took the time to help me in my understanding of what a proper suspension system is.

I will never forget this thread and it is the sole reason why Wayalife works: Members here will tell you the truth, not what you want to hear, and as painful as it can be, it is the best for you.

WJCO

Meme King
Overlander and Frank cyber kicked my ass too on my first day here. But I hung around. Great group of guys here that keep the forum accurate and reliable.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This is a great thread idea and I think it helps us all see where we came from. It is pretty much fresh in my memory and when I read the thread now, it still pains me:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?29110-37-quot-tires-on-stock-Dana-30/page3

My entire idea about my build was blown out of the water by Eddie starting on post #23. And I am grateful for his inquiry and subsequent help. I pretty much got slaughtered after that, being that my understanding regarding suspension systems was so minimal at that time (it still is not a lot, but better nowadays). I had this idea in my head that I was good with my Rock Krawler setup but was curious what all the talk was about EVO MFG and their suspension setups. This is where my entire build changed ENTIRELY. I learned so much about the importance of drive train and axles.

I am so grateful to Eddie and the rest of the brain trust here at Wayalife. I really am. It was uncomfortable to realize I was wrong, but this discomfort is completely offset by my comfort out on the trail. I am VERY happy with the knowledge I learned in just that thread, something I continue to appreciate everyday I go wheeling with RubySky. Yes, I got called a troll and people in essence told me to go away. I even got joshed by Eddie as well. But it was all in good nature and was for my benefit, that people took the time to help me in my understanding of what a proper suspension system is.

I will never forget this thread and it is the sole reason why Wayalife works: Members here will tell you the truth, not what you want to hear, and as painful as it can be, it is the best for you.

A lot of good stuff in that thread.

Jackal01

I can't find the link to it, on my phone, but I had decided I was going to run EVO 2" coils up front, and Teraflex 2" coils in the rear. OverlanderJK said, "It'll ride like shit." I said, "Maybe." He said, "Oh, it will." Glad I listened to him, and glad everybody didn't chime in, saying what a great idea that would be, like definitely would have happened on another forum, in particular.

This made me LOL. I didn't even see the thread.

I lurked for a bit. I learned from everyone else's mistakes, for once in my life, and I introduced myself and my 2012 WK2 (previous rig to my current JKU) before anything else. It was pretty uneventful actually.

Jeep Bro 08

I never knew there was jeep fourms or any kind of jeep community like this one until i joined up ,i was looking to fix my locker a guy from 4wp told me to look on here . Im glad the guy told me about it or id probably never of known

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
I started on JKF before it was sold and then moved here. I like the non sugar coted truth and the vast knowledge it provides. I also like the razzing and shit talking just like a circle of friends tend to do. It truly is a community of friends. If you can't take it then you probably won't fit in and don't belong.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

When I decided to sell my old cj7 and get a new rubicon I started wanting to run better trails and was looking to run trails out west found the wayalife videos. Them I realized I was going to need to do some modifications so I got to looking for reviews that led me here and a couple other places. While I saw some decent knowledge on other forums none of them seemed to have near the knowledge base as I saw in here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can't remember my first post here... But I have had my ass kicked too and i'm very grateful for it. If it wasn't for y'all, I probably wouldn't have a running Jeep right now. I'd still be trying to sort out my mess!!!

It's the truth that makes this forum the best. You aren't going to get it sugarcoated to make you feel special inside, you're going to get the information you need straight forward, which is important because our Jeeps are VEHICLES, meaning if something screws up on them it could be a matter of life and death.

Top Bottom