Supercharged Jeeps

JerryGzz

I hace a JK RUBICON 2015, 2 DR.

I am thinking in going on 37"s in the near future, I have seen a couple of videos of how a supercharger can add up to 100hp more. Sounds amazing.

I love crawling and also mudding... If I see a lake or river I have to cross it if possible.

Does anyone hace experience with superchargers and jeeps? Will it be a treat to put a supercharger to a jeep and try crossing a river?

Thanks for your comments!

Jerry "El Colorado"

JerryGzz

Rbdozerman, is it true fuel consumption improved. I am interested in the extra power, but have heard about this and I am curious.

Frydaddy

What's the longevity of a supercharged engine? I'm finally in a position to make this happen, but I don't want to shorten the lifespan of my rig.

rbdozerman

We'll if you drive like really easy may help a little but best I can tell is I went from 17 to 15 if that helps you any on 35" but have Plenty of power for what ever you want !!

Sullivan

Not really worth it for rock crawling or off-roading. Supercharger needs higher rpm's to get much out of it.
Don't get me wrong, they are fun. I have a Ripp on my 2010. But for the cost, it's not worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JerryGzz

Thanks Sullivan, any problems regarding river crossing while having a supercharger? Does the supeecharger in any way increase the chance of introducing water to the engine?

rbdozerman

Mines the Edelbrock kit has plenty of low end torque an does good out on the interstate an on the trails have no problems good all around kit .

JerryGzz

We'll if you drive like really easy may help a little but best I can tell is I went from 17 to 15 if that helps you any on 35" but have Plenty of power for what ever you want !!

Thank you!! It helps a lot, looking for power. How much hp did you gain with the supervharger?

Sullivan

Thanks Sullivan, any problems regarding river crossing while having a supercharger? Does the supeecharger in any way increase the chance of introducing water to the engine?

You can have problems. Do not get water into the intake. Last I checked, forced induction and water are a very bad combo.
I removed my snorkel after I installed my Ripp. It kind of defeated the purpose of the Ripp.
As for the added value, I would rather spend the money on gears and an atlas transfer case for off road.

rbdozerman

When from 219 to 302 an 285 on torque
The only problem I had was I have auto transmission an Had to change the TCM an used a OST Dyno unit after that it was good to go !!

rbdozerman

You in a two door I guess with that fuel economy?
Mines a 4 door Rubicon an I didn't get that on my stock tires with no lift nothing personal I must be a lead foot ..

Bigjimbo

Just crushed my other post trying to add a picture of a new intercooler ripp was flaunting at PA Jeeps this year. Mobile app won't let you add pics either.

But... Im in a 4 door with 37's, 4.88s and a 6 speed. That is hwy at 60mph I cannot get that any other way, but it's reproducible. Per tank average is 17.

rbdozerman

That's crazy!!
Mine is 3.73s an have never came close to that
My wife can get 18 an that was with stock motor now she can get 16 an I'm stuck at 15

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hace a JK RUBICON 2015, 2 DR.

I am thinking in going on 37"s in the near future, I have seen a couple of videos of how a supercharger can add up to 100hp more. Sounds amazing.

I love crawling and also mudding... If I see a lake or river I have to cross it if possible.

Does anyone hace experience with superchargers and jeeps? Will it be a treat to put a supercharger to a jeep and try crossing a river?

Thanks for your comments!

Jerry "El Colorado"

LOL at "100hp"!! Over the last 10 years, I have been offered 2 different super chargers. I installed neither of them and saved up until I could pay for an LS swap. Of all the people I've known to have a supercharger, all of them thought it was the best thing since sliced bread but none of them performed anywhere near as well as they seemed to believe. Hell, most of the time, climbing long steep highway grades, they have to fall back in the group to prevent any number of problems they're having. On the rocks, superchargers are a joke and for all the problems I see them constantly have, it's nothing I'd ever want under my hood.

Being that you're looking into this to run a set of 37's, just regear to 5.13's and call it a day. Want more power but willing to risk pinion failure, go 5.38's.

Of course, that's just me.

danco3636

I run a Ripp. 2010 37's with 4.88
Ran it through the Rubicon. It powered up better on some parts. Made getting there fun going up the hills. Also nice for passing and merging. Haven't done any major water crossings with it.
Installing a 2 speed atlas now and I think that will make a big difference.
Gas mileage sucks, the SC may have helped but not much.

Does bring live to the 3.8 and glad I did it. Makes driving a bit more fun.

Top Bottom