Anyone get a Custom Tune with a Wrangler 2012+ Diablo Sport?

Learo2000GT

Good Morning:

I was curious if anyone has gotten a custom tune for a 2012+ wrangler. I have been using tuners since they first came out and I know that the caned tunes leave a lot on the table. I also see the 3.6 makes more HP in other platforms although that could be due to intake or other. I also see that they can tun to run off of E85 now as well. I know JK folks are not all that concerned about extra power per say, but I think with a CAI/Cat back there may be a lot left on the table with a custom tune. I have emailed hemituner, johan and overkill to get their input. He is a stand up guy that has been in the tuning community for a long time so I don't think it is hype.

Just curious if anyone has had a custom tune or other input.

Here is an interesting review of power gains from overkill. Granted it looks like some of these numbers are from the 3.6 in other platforms.
http://www.getoverkilled.ca/wrangler.html

Taken from the webpage below

It's with pride to be a premier tuner for the 3.6 Pentastar V6 found in your 2012-current Jeep Wrangler. Overkill specializes in making your Pentastar perform its best whether your Wrangler is a rock crawler or pavement prowler.

Features/Benefits:
Dyno tested 25+ wheel horsepower gains over factory on 93 tune, 40+ horsepower gain on E85, doubles the gains of the preloaded Diablo tune
Tune purchase includes 87 octane, 91, 93 octane and E85 tune (if flex fuel) calibration files plus custom revisions based on scans for your vehicle
Significant torque gains in the mid-range
Improved throttle response and feel, smoother acceleration at all throttle positions
Fuel mileage potential is improved (3MPG improvements reported on 91 octane)
Reprogramming available for lower temperature thermostat, highflow cat converter replacement, intake and exhaust modifications.
No Charge Retuning for as long as you own your Pentastar vehicle!
The gains speak for themselves:
Customer#1 0-60mph times...Stock 6.4-6.5...Diablo 6.1-6.2...Overkill 5.7-5.8
Customer #2 Pro Torque Horsepower...Stock 226whp...Diablo 248whp...Overkill 269whp
Customer #3 Dyno Tested Overkill E85 Tune 266whp vs 261whp from a Competitor's E85 custom tune, with max gain of 8whp non-peak
Customer #4 Dyno Tested Overkill E85 Tune 267whp vs 238whp from Diablo preloaded tune, a 29 wheel horsepower gain
Customer #5 Using Overkill 91Plus tune dropped .7 seconds from 0-60 vs factory tune, .3 seconds 0-60 vs Diablo preloaded tune

What Makes Overkill Pentastar tuning the right choice:
E85 Tuning - Thanks to the efforts of Diablosport and Overkill Motorsport, there is proper E85 Pentastar tuning capability since October 2014. We continue to lead the way in Pentastar E85 tuning.
Throttle Body Programming - Rather than bump the factory throttle curve up 10-20%, we reslope it properly with a smooth curve, to provide better and more natural feel. We also responsibly program part throttle fueling to match the throttle opening rate, something preloaded and competing tunes don't do.
Knock sensors are enabled at a lower engine rpm versus the factory programming in many instances, improving engine safety
Fuel Injector Calibration is improved over poorly programmed factory settings, an Overkill exclusive feature, which improves fuel economy
Each tune file is hand written to ensure you get the right programming and the best results

Top Bottom