RENEGADE on STEROIDS? Jeep Side by Side??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, as some of you may or may not have noticed, in the scale model pic of the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler that I posted up yesterday, there was another model and some drawing of another, smaller Jeep next to it. This little brother of a Jeep was an aggressive 2-door that was a lot smaller and clearly looked like had IFS on it. In a lot of ways, it looked like a remote control Jeep toy but that got me thinking about a conversation I had with Mark Allen, the senior designer of Jeep back in Moab. He said that they were working on a couple of different new models and one of which was going to be the new Patriot/Compass but the other was going to be something totally different. Something totally new... "like a Renegade on steroids" is what I think he said. Could this be it? What do you think of it?

R5DSrQb-edit01.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Could this be it? What do you think of it?

Certainly is beefier than the existing Renegade. Reminds me of a side-by-side... looks fun!

The real question is why would they put the Renegade on steroids and not the Wrangler? Yeah, the Rubicon Hard Rock is tough, but I don't know if I'd say it was juicing.

Last edited:

JDalcour

Do you guys think they would just lay out a toy version in public of a brand new design they have yet to reveal?
seems too good to be true, thing looks fun though.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
What if Jeep is moving into the SXS market? Could this be the first rendering of their idea? I would be very interested if this were the case

Top Bottom