Ordered a 2017 JKUR - Time to Buy a Lift

Scheitz

Hi All,

I just ordered a 2017 JKUR Hard Rock, Granite Crystal, Auto, 4.10s. I'm just looking to run 35's (I say that now...) and was hoping ya'll would have some suggestions on a nice riding lift. I'm putting my budget around $3k for the lift (lift, shocks, front driveshaft, and anything else I may need).

I'm looking for something that is well-rounded, as my off-roading will be varied (from the UP of Michigan to Moab and who knows where else). I'm looking for something that has a nice mix of on road comfort and off-road ability. Maybe I'm concerned about the on-road portion because my current Jeep is not super highway friendly.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

I've included some pictures of my current Jeep (2005 LJ with 4.5" RE short arm lift, Fox 2.0 Perf IFP Shocks, 35" MT/Rs, and 4.88's) cause why not.

View attachment 227797

View attachment 227796

-Eric

SPOOOBY

I have 3.5 rock krawler long arm, with king shocks my ride is great, on and off road[emoji16] on a 2015 rubicon unlimited

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Scheitz

Thanks Kreubicon, but I think that might blow my budget a bit!

I'm going to stay with short (mid??) arms for now. Don't want to cut up too much stuff on the JK already! Production probably hasn't even started on it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scheitz

I think I'll probably wind up with an Enforcer kit from EVO or the Teraflex S/T3, but I've read some not so great things about the TF coils here riding stiff.

Ready for this thing to get here already! Only 6 or so more weeks to go

Jackal01

Mid arms are a gimmick.

Take a look at the EVO Enforcer. Go with some Rancho 9000s and that will be around $2k. Add in drive shafts and you can be under $3k. Will have everything you need including adjustable front LCAS. What is there to get cut up? Unless you go with coilovers. The only cutting should be of your fenders and pinch welds. Go with USA made not China crap. You get what you pay for...

Welcome to WAYALIFE.

WJCO

Meme King
I think I'll probably wind up with an Enforcer kit from EVO or the Teraflex S/T3, but I've read some not so great things about the TF coils here riding stiff.

Ready for this thing to get here already! Only 6 or so more weeks to go

Having made mistakes in the past myself, hear this...with a Jeep, you don't want to spend money twice for the same parts. Do it once, do it right. Even if this means spending more money. From all feedback I've heard on both lifts, the EVO will be a much better ride, which is what you said you wanted to begin with.

Ddays

Hooked
Mid arms are a gimmick. I have a RK X Factor Mid arm kit. The mid arm pushes your rear axle back an inch and creates a bunch of unnecessary issues to deal with. I finally have mine sorted out and it performs very well and rides pretty nicely, but if you go RK I would suggest you get the regular kit with standard length arms, HOWEVER, you don't need a kit that replaces all of your arms. The EVO enforcer as already stated is a favorite. Never ever heard anyone have anything negative to say regarding it. If you really want to replace all of the control arms look at the Currie kit - those Johnny Joints are stout.

Scheitz

Thanks all for the responses. I'm sure the Enforcer is a popular lift for a reason. Definitely sounds like what I'm looking for.

The cutting I was referencing was if I were to go with a long arm kit. Don't want to have to cut off the original CA brackets and clean up/paint the frame. Trying to keep things as simple as possible. I have all 8 adjustable CAs on my LJ, but that doesn't seem necessary for the JK.

In the future I may go crazy and end up with a coilover setup, but for now I'm planning to keep it simple.

Top Bottom