ABS Brake module bleed

jjlong

I've read some older threads about the possibility of having to use a scan tool to bleed the ABS system if you can't get your pedal to firm up. Does anyone know where I can find some documentation about it? My dealer's 12 yr old service writer just gives me a blank stare when I explained it to him. They're trying to sell me a new MC. I didn't have an MC problem before installing extended brake lines. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I've read some older threads about the possibility of having to use a scan tool to bleed the ABS system if you can't get your pedal to firm up. Does anyone know where I can find some documentation about it? My dealer's 12 yr old service writer just gives me a blank stare when I explained it to him. They're trying to sell me a new MC. I didn't have an MC problem before installing extended brake lines. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

there is a scan/service tool that cycles the abs pump to bleed them

I did mine by finding a stretch of road with no activity that allowed me to get up to about 50mph and then slam on the brakes to activate the ABS, I did this a couple of times then bled the brakes immediately after. be sure to have plenty of brake fluid, you don't want the reservoir to get low. this also requires you to have a helper.

I used a motive power bleeder to make the job easier, I ran through the Motive instruction in my driveway 1st to make sure I understood how to use it properly.

Top Bottom