New JKU-help deciding 2.5 or 3.5 lift

Resqnu

Hey guys, my first post. I’m buying a new JKU Sport iw/3.73 gears n a month. I want to build to my own specs. I have read a lot of the threads for the last month. I can see there is a lot of experience on this forum and you guys are straight shooters, which I like. Think I’ve watched all the videos. 1st major decision is to decide on a lift and height, so need a little help. I’m going with 35” tires. JKU will be my family daily driver 90% on roads with a few weekends off road at local trails in NC. In the near future, I would like to be able to take it to MOAB and Ouray, CO as well for the incredible views. Not looking to do any trails that would damage my jeep, so mostly easy to moderate trails for now. I’m not planning on any “real” rock crawling. My main concern is on road drivability and handling, but want it to be capable for my offload needs.
I’m trying to decide on a 2.5” or 3.5” lift. I’ve taken my wife to a local jeep dealer to look at a few Jeeps with lifts for ideas. We have no issues getting in/out of a Jeep with a Mopar 2.5 lift w/35” tires. So I would assume most 2.5 would be equal in regards. The only 3.5 lift I’ve tried is a friends and it’s a 3.5 RK with 37s”. Really don’t want that much height, as getting in/out was a pain for both. Would definitely have to install steps for her…lol How much difference is a 3.5 with 35s in regards to getting in/out? If the 2.5” will handle my needs, then I’d be happy. I know if I go 3.5 I will have additional parts to swap out.
What would be a few lifts you guys would recommend for my needs, prefer bolt on. Budget for lift is up to $2000ish if needed. Would like to be around $5000 for lift, tires, and wheels. I will be adding front and rear bumpers and a winch within 6 months.

I apologize for the long post, but wanted to give as much info as i could.
Thanks in advance

TRLJNKY

First, welcome to WAL. Currently, I am running the metric equivalant to 35's on 2.5" budget boost. I am sold on the 3" enforcer kit from Offroad Evolution. After spending time on here and in the field with some of our members, ive decided that is my goal for a lift. Good ride, not to spendy, not to tall, and from what Ive heard and seen; the quality is second to none. Well within your budget as well. Look down a few threads and you will see pics of the EVO leveling kit as well. Good luck and welcome once again

sent from some burner phone found in a dumpster

WJCO

Meme King
This is actually your third post. You COULD run 35s with no lift but you could also do the leveling kit. For 35s and what you described you will use it for, keep it low and close to stock. The higher that you lift, the more issues you will run into and more parts needed. You may want the leveling kit anyways since you're adding bumpers and a winch and they will weigh down the jeep.

Resqnu

Cavfighter...thanks. I am looking at the EVO enforcer as one of my picks. Seems to get great reviews.

WJCO...thanks. I was hoping keeping a lcg would work for my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom