EVO Protek Skid System??

YukonBlu

So i just installed the protek skid system on my 2 door 14 Manual Rubi, and i have a couple questions about it... hoping some of you have beat the hell out of yours lol. When I installed the oil pan skid all went well, no issues. Then i went to install the tranny skid and saw that it just directly bolts the oil pan skid.... this got me to thinking. Is this really a good idea, taking a really hard hit to the tranny skid may put a ton of force on the oil pan, which is just bolted to an aluminum block. I noticed a lot of other companies have their skid systems designed differently, where if the tranny skid or the oil pan skid take a hard hit this will not directly impact the oil pan itself. Anyway, i was just concerned about this, hopefully some of you guys out there have used this system and could tell me about it.

Also on the 3.6 the oil pan bolts are supposed to be torqued to 97 in lbs... and the instructions say 85 in lbs?? Anybody know why that would be?

GraniteCrystal

Unless you're in reverse and going fast, I doubt you'd hit your tyranny skid in such a way as to apply a force on the oil pan skid.

As far as the torques, each bolt has an acceptable range. Those are pretty close numbers so I wouldn't sweat it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

YukonBlu

Unless you're in reverse and going fast, I doubt you'd hit your tyranny skid in such a way as to apply a force on the oil pan skid.

As far as the torques, each bolt has an acceptable range. Those are pretty close numbers so I wouldn't sweat it.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

I see what you are saying, but if you landed on the tranny skid in any way it is going to put a lot of force on those two tabs that the tranny skid is bolted to.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I see what you are saying, but if you landed on the tranny skid in any way it is going to put a lot of force on those two tabs that the tranny skid is bolted to.

I would rather those two tabs snap and be a weak point that for it to transfer the blow into the pan and motor or have the tranny skid be weak enough that it just gives way easier

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom