Which spring setup

toxicwaste29

I currently have rk 2.5 springs with 1" spacers. My total actual lift is 3.5". I have a 12 jku with bumpers front and rear. The rk springs I have are a couple years old and the old style and they are riding too stiff so Im planning on changing them out to plush rides. When I originally did the lift they didnt specify in the directions what to do with the factory spring isolator so I pitched it and have only been running the 1" spacer seat. Would there be a ride difference between 3" plush rides and my 1" spacers or should I go 4" coils and buy factory spring coil spring isolators they are 20$ ea. Im not trying to spend an extra 100$ if I dont have to.

tgoss

What size tires are you running? 37's on a JKU with bumpers, winch etc go with the 4". You'll be happy when it's loaded up.

aldaman

4" is a lot of lift just to run 35s. In addition, there will be other parts to purchase to get your set up dialed in if you don't already have them. Like a drag link flip kit, adjustable control arms, driveshafts, brake lines, longer sway bars links, etc. I would just get the 3" and either spend extra for the factory isolators, or maybe some one here is selling them for cheap or getting rid of them. :beer:

Andy5160

Hooked
What is the main goal you are trying to achieve here? I learned that shocks play tremendous difference in the ride quality. So if you want to get read of the stiffens i would research shock options as well.

toxicwaste29

I have 35's currently. Will have 37's in the future. I have everything done (gussets, arms, bump stops, extended links, control arms) except gears and a ds. My goal with this is just to switch out to a softer spring set up. Im at 3.5" lift now with flat fenders. Im debating dropping down to 3" or 4'' and running 37's. Just trying to figure which route to take. 3" with my 1" spacers or do I go 4" with stock coil spring isolators.

JKbrick

I have 35's currently. Will have 37's in the future. I have everything done (gussets, arms, bump stops, extended links, control arms) except gears and a ds. My goal with this is just to switch out to a softer spring set up. Im at 3.5" lift now with flat fenders. Im debating dropping down to 3" or 4'' and running 37's. Just trying to figure which route to take. 3" with my 1" spacers or do I go 4" with stock coil spring isolators.

I think with 3" of lift with no spacers and flat fenders you can run 37s

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

CJW

I run 3" plush rides with flat fenders and 37s. Clears tires just fine. With bumpers/armor/winch/etc, it measures exactly 3" of lift when measuring from the spring buckets/perches. Either way, put the factory isolator back in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom