3" lift JKUR

BumblebeeZA

Hi guys,

I already have a 2" lift, I had 2.5" spacers in with Fox shocks but had to machine down the spacers to fit in my garage.
I have now got a car port and want to go upto 3" of lift.

Ok, now I know cam bolts are not the best thing out there, I already have them in... they have been in just under 2 years with NO issues.

Will the cam bolts be suffecient with a 3" lift?

Current rig...
2008 JKUR
33" MT Tires
2" lift with Fox performance 2.0 shocks
Front Cam bolts
Stock front track bar
Rear relocation brackets for the track bar
Brake line extentions
Bump stop extentions
Stock Steering stablizer

I think thats about it.

Last edited:

Napalm

3" lift JKUR

Just my opinion, but 3 inches of lift with 33 inch tires will look silly. Are you going to upgrade tires?

BumblebeeZA

Just my opinion, but 3 inches of lift with 33 inch tires will look silly. Are you going to upgrade tires?

Nope, got a 3.8 auto and the regear costs so much here in south africa, I would love 35s though.
I was worried it might look a little odd. Maybe I should just get rid off the spacers and replace them with the 2.5" coil lift instead of 3".

Napalm

Nope, got a 3.8 auto and the regear costs so much here in south africa, I would love 35s though.
I was worried it might look a little odd. Maybe I should just get rid off the spacers and replace them with the 2.5" coil lift instead of 3".

This sounds like a better option, in my opinion!

Im gonna have to vote no on the 3" unless you do bigger tires...id go with a smaller coil lift, or just the EVO level kit

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If you want a little more than the EVO leveling kit, buy the front springs separately, then add a 1" spacer in the rear, and a 0.5" spacer up front. With a 3" lift & 33's, a JKUR will look a little funny.

IMG_1477273103.175626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aldaman

Like what others recommend, get a leveling kit if 33s are the largest tire you will run. Even with a 2.5" lift, 33s still look too small for it. See below...The top pic are 35s, the bottom are 33s. I am running a 2.5" coil lift...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

scull20

Just an FYI, in the future if you do decide to go up to 35's it's still very much doable with the leveling kit. Trim your fenders or run flat fenders and you'll be good to go.

Top Bottom