Jeep resale value

Leeboy03

So I'm pretty new to jeeps. Ive had my jeep about a year and a half now. It's pretty much a stock 4dr rubi with a 2.5 rk lift, evo 1/4 pounder bumper and a warn winch. Anyways, I was at my credit union a couple days ago to take out a small loan for pickup truck and the loan officer was trying to find a way to secure my loan so I would get a better interest rate. After asking a few questions about the jeep he said I had quiet a bit of equity in it. Turns out the "loan value" is almost $7k more than I paid for the thing brand new! How is this possible?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Depends on a lot of factors, how much to put down (if any), how much you have paid it down, and how much you bought it for. I know right off the bat I have 3-4K in equity in mine

Leeboy03

As far as a good deal goes, I got an extra grand off for financing thru Chrysler. But I refinanced 3 days later. And kkb was on par with the loan officer. And the only aftermarket part he asked about was the winch.

I put zero down, had negative equity from my trade in and it's worth more now than what I paid for it with tax, tag,title and negative equity. Makes no sense to me. It's a tank green that has been discontinued, could that be a factor? Hell I've even checked around at the used ones around my area and they are all asking pretty much the same price.

Top Bottom