Anyone else have trouble with power window?

Barkerp

As they say once is a fluke, twice is a potential problem. On startup i've twice had it where the front windows won't go down. If already down they go up, but not back down again. The back windows operate normally. Restart the jeep and all windows now work.
Its a 2016 four door JK. All stock electronics, haven't done a thing to any electronics. I haven't taken the doors off, so it wouldn't make sense its just a connector, especially since they work fine the next time i start up the jeep.

Thanks in advance. I'm going to ask the dealership next time i'm nearby, but curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ScoobyCarolanNC

I have. 2010 totally stock. Have you ever taken your doors off? My harnesses got dirty. Blew em out like a Nintendo cart & it never happened again. You can also reset the ecu if that doesn't work.

Sent from my duck blind.

codyzx7

Yep, it's happened a few times with my 16 as well. Just as you described, cycled the ignition and was back to normal.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Are you trying to roll them down as you try to start the vehicle or immediately after start up?

On some newer vehicles there is a three second delay (i believe three seconds, could be wrong) that wont allow the windows to roll down because of "rain" is what I have heard. I think that's goofy as hell but whatever. Don't know if that's your case or not, just throwin it out there.

rob_p

I have a similar issue with my 2011 and I think it's due to the switch failing, but I haven't confirmed this.

I'm my case I only have an issue with rolling down the front passenger, all others are fine and all 4 will roll up just fine.

My front passenger probably comes down 50% of the time, when it doesn't it will often roll down if I hit the front driver switch immediately after - don't ask me why !!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mine just did this the other day. I was trying to roll the windows up after turning it off. I had to go back to on and then the front windows would go up. I think its just a computer glitch or dirty connectors.

Zstairlessone

My 2008 did it a couple of times a few years ago, my work truck (Ford) does it all the time, never consistent and it cycles between one, the other or both front windows.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Might be interesting to throw a OBD2 scanner on it before cycling the ignition just to see if it throws a code.

J

JKDream

As they say once is a fluke, twice is a potential problem. On startup i've twice had it where the front windows won't go down. If already down they go up, but not back down again. The back windows operate normally. Restart the jeep and all windows now work.
Its a 2016 four door JK. All stock electronics, haven't done a thing to any electronics. I haven't taken the doors off, so it wouldn't make sense its just a connector, especially since they work fine the next time i start up the jeep.

Thanks in advance. I'm going to ask the dealership next time i'm nearby, but curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Even though you havent taken your doors off, check to make sure the connector is pressed firmly together.
The location it sits in is pretty prone to being hit with your foot, if you pulled it out slightly you'll have the same symptoms.
I had this happen a couple of times when I bought my jeep, until i actually gave it a firm push together.

Barkerp

Thanks everyone. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm going to try pushing the connectors together and see if it happens a third time before running off to see the dealer.

BigEd

Make sure your door harnesses is clean and the red clip is pushed in, it used to slide out all the time on my driver side and the window would get stuck until I unplugged and replugged up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Electric8Willy

Open engine compartment and check the Fuses. I've seen mine popped out from bumpy roads. Had the problem once, found popped fuse, no more problem.

LkYdEvIL

The saga continues... 2018 JKU. Tomorrow makes 1 full month that I’ve had it.
Doors have been on since Wednesday of last week, and I haven’t been down any bumpy roads since.
Same experience as the OP, almost. Had the driver and rear passenger windows down. Rolled them up to go inside the gas station. Got in, started driving, talked to the wife unit for a few minutes and after we got off the phone I tried to put the windows down. Front driver no worky. Rear passenger works fine. Front passenger no worky, rear driver works fine.
At a stoplight I shut her off and back on, all the windows work.
I’m reluctant to say it’s a Nintendo, fuse, mud, dirt, or any other ambiguous cause.
My from the hip guess is going to be... at initial power of the TIPM the comm circuit to the front window relay doesn’t jump into the bus within it’s required timeframe (ms) therefore locking the circuit out as a safety.
I may have completely over engineered this considering I’m not an engineer from FCA, but that is the most logical explanation I have for now. Probably nothing that can be done for it and good luck getting the stealer to get on board with you.

Via Satellite Uplink: LkYdEvIL

Top Bottom