Looks like all the little ladies have wet there pants

koasta11

driving around town no problem but if you are going 100 mph +

I guess that's a matter of opinion the air flow is restricted from the winch. It might not be that big of deal but if you are down in the desert flying around I would not want my winch up like that. I actually switched out my ps to a genright brawler because of it there is no restrictions to the radiator.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

koasta11

All I can say is if you are driving around town no problem but if you are going 100 mph + across the desert me personally I don't want any restrictions. If you put anything in front of a grill it restricts it. You are right opinions don't matter I guess it all depends on what you are doing and how reliable you want your jeep 😉

Clutch

Caught the Bug
All I can say is if you are driving around town no problem but if you are going 100 mph + across the desert me personally I don't want any restrictions. If you put anything in front of a grill it restricts it. You are right opinions don't matter I guess it all depends on what you are doing and how reliable you want your jeep 😉

Every jeep or vehicle for that matter has its limitations. I guess it's a matter of how much you want to push your limits. 99% of jeep owners do not have jeeps that cruise at 100 mph much less in the desert.

WJCO

Meme King
I guess that's a matter of opinion the air flow is restricted from the winch. It might not be that big of deal but if you are down in the desert flying around I would not want my winch up like that. I actually switched out my ps to a genright brawler because of it there is no restrictions to the radiator.

Opinions do not affect the air...

Science :thumb:
All I can say is if you are driving around town no problem but if you are going 100 mph + across the desert me personally I don't want any restrictions. If you put anything in front of a grill it restricts it. You are right opinions don't matter I guess it all depends on what you are doing and how reliable you want your jeep ��

Every jeep or vehicle for that matter has its limitations. I guess it's a matter of how much you want to push your limits. 99% of jeep owners do not have jeeps that cruise at 100 mph much less in the desert.

When I first put my zeon on my WJ blocking the tiny ass little grill, my Jeep started overheating on long mountain grades. I thought for sure it was the winch. Talked to 3 buddies with winches blocking the grill and they had no issues. I found out shortly after that I had a bad fan clutch. After fixing that, issue was gone and has been gone for years. My winch is still blocking almost the whole grill.

IMG_20161013_100445_843.jpg

Last edited:

koasta11

I never really thought of myself as part of the 1% lol but I guess I am because I am pretty much hooked with baja. But it does put more pressure on everything 40" toyo's in 4 Wheel high going across a 16 mile long dried lake bed with 9 Ford raptors doing 100+ it is so much fun!! But everything counts the winch for me makes a difference you have to keep it cool especially when you are kicking out 450 ponies. If you get more air without it why would I put something in front of it but to each his own.

koasta11

Around town my temp is running 186 to 196 which according to Robbi is a little to cool I have a Motech 6.2 with a 6L80 6 speed tranny and a 2 speed Atlas. Motech is awesome and Robbi prefers to keep the winch down.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

No, it doesn't, as this isn't an opinion. A winch isn't going to affect your temps ESPECIALLY if you are doing 100mph and have a ton of airflow.

JAGS

Hooked
All I can say is if you are driving around town no problem but if you are going 100 mph + across the desert me personally I don't want any restrictions. If you put anything in front of a grill it restricts it. You are right opinions don't matter I guess it all depends on what you are doing and how reliable you want your jeep [emoji6]

You go 100+ in your JK?!?!

koasta11

Ha ha. I'd be worried about 15 other things. Air would not be one of them.
Sorry to disagree with you but if you were in the desert you would be worried about air cooling the radiator if you weren't they would be towing you home on a trailer. Robbi at Motech has the LS swapp's down he is the man.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to disagree with you but if you were in the desert you would be worried about air cooling the radiator if you weren't they would be towing you home on a trailer. Robbi at Motech has the LS swapp's down he is the man.

You're right, Robbi is the man and I've got an LS under the hood using his kit. I've also got a WARN PowerPlant blocking a good portion of my grill. Of course, anybody that knows me knows that I'm just a mall crawler and would never drive fast let alone in the desert.

Top Bottom