Mounting rear work light.

JEJ0308

I'm working on building a mount for a rear work light, it's pretty basic at this point, just used a piece of flat steel and some hand tools. I will post some pics below, but my question has more to do with the wiring. So far I have the wires routed thru the tailgate, but can't seem to figure out how to get the plastic that houses the subwoofer off. Do I need to take the sub out, or is there another way? Also, any other wiring tips would be appreciated.

Here's a couple pics of what I have so far, plan on priming and painting it this week. Don't mind the zip ties, they're temporary.

IMG_1477450779.446801.jpg
IMG_1477450870.548149.jpg
IMG_1477450882.137191.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JEJ0308

I'm trying to go the same route as the existing wires that come from that black panel on the inside of the tailgate.
IMG_1477482458.582642.jpg
Thea will be covered of course, and are not connected to anything at the moment.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Take your sub out and it will be so much easier. Pop the seatbelt guide off the top first. Unbolt the 2 tie downs on the floor holding down the sub. Then there's a stud coming up behind the seatbelt/rollbar with a hold down nut that needs to come off and then you can pull the sub out.

Frydaddy

Nice setup! That looks like a GPS antenna too? How have you mounted your switches?

Here's an idea for the switches
IMG_20160514_134121992.jpg

I mounted mine on a post that extends up to the roof
IMG_20160508_174129500_HDR.jpg

JEJ0308

Great advice guys! Looks like I'm going to need a little more wire than I have (in addition to what was provided), but I hope to have the mount painted and back on the Jeep by tomorrow.

Top Bottom