Rock Sliders

muddy_anvil

I'm currently in the market for some sliders and would like some input from guys more experienced than myself. I've narrowed it down between Poison Spyder or JCR sliders. The JCR ones are considerably cheaper than Poison Spyder. Anyone have some input about the JCR sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't have personal experience with the JCR ones, but looking at the photos, it looks like they don't even fasten to the frame. If that's the case, I wouldn't use em.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm currently in the market for some sliders and would like some input from guys more experienced than myself. I've narrowed it down between Poison Spyder or JCR sliders. The JCR ones are considerably cheaper than Poison Spyder. Anyone have some input about the JCR sliders?

Assuming you're looking at the body mounted ones, of the two, I might go with the Poison Spyder. It's a better bet than their frame mounted ones as I have seen them bend and to the point where you couldn't open your doors. Still, the JK body has really thin sheet metal and I have seen it buckle after a hard hit.

DP1120

Assuming you're looking at the body mounted ones, of the two, I might go with the Poison Spyder. It's a better bet than their frame mounted ones as I have seen them bend and to the point where you couldn't open your doors. Still, the JK body has really thin sheet metal and I have seen it buckle after a hard hit.

This is good info. I was looking at the PS frame mounted ones but will definitely reconsider after this.

Sullivan

I have LOD sliders and I love them. I needed a step so my kids could still get in but also needed a lot of strength. I have beat the crap out of them. They are scratched but have held up to all of Moab, holy cross in Colorado and a bunch of Midwest wheeling. I can't complain at all.

muddy_anvil

that's definitely a deal breaker. i was looking at the frame mounted ones but not anymore

muddy_anvil

I have LOD sliders and I love them. I needed a step so my kids could still get in but also needed a lot of strength. I have beat the crap out of them. They are scratched but have held up to all of Moab, holy cross in Colorado and a bunch of Midwest wheeling. I can't complain at all.

looks like i need to look into the LOD ones as well. thanks for the input!

Ddays

Hooked
i've also seen the EVO sliders in action and i'm impressed. i wish they came bolt on for 2 doors because i don't have equipment/experience to weld them on

There's no shame in paying someone to weld them on for you.

Hell, don't let that hold you back from getting EVO's! I don't weld & was happy to pay a mobile guy to do it. I can't remember what I paid but it was around a $100.

PS: the reason you were impressed with how they worked was precisely why they are weld-on only!

Edit - didnt mean to jump ahead of you MRTy

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have LoD. I bolted them on, and you can jack the vehicle up using them. That being said, I had them welded, about an inch on each side of the plate, and on the bottom of the rear mounting plates. It cost $20, but you'll be lucky to find someone to do it for that.

BaddestCross

I've got the Poison Spyder frame-mounted on my 2-door and have been pleased with them. I looked at all the manufacturers you're looking at and decided on the PSC because of the way the mounts are manufactured. They've got a triangulated bracket on them instead of just a square pipe coming off the frame and they bolt on the bottom the frame as well as into two body mounts. I'll probably get them welded as well, but they're definitely strong enough to be a jack-point for the Jeep and I've come down on them pretty hard with no bending or damage to anything.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gravedigger11

I've got crawler concepts rockers. They have done well, hot rocks, dragged on them with no issues. I liked that they stuck out a little more and served as a step for the wife

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
i've also seen the EVO sliders in action and i'm impressed. i wish they came bolt on for 2 doors because i don't have equipment/experience to weld them on

There's no shame in paying someone to weld them on for you.

how much would something like that cost?

Hell, don't let that hold you back from getting EVO's! I don't weld & was happy to pay a mobile guy to do it. I can't remember what I paid but it was around a $100.

PS: the reason you were impressed with how they worked was precisely why they are weld-on only!

Edit - didnt mean to jump ahead of you MRTy

When I had the EVO sliders welded on 'Crystal', I paid just under 100 bucks as well. A muffler shop in Columbia, SC welded them on for me, as a local off road 'shop' wanted to charge me $480 bucks!

IMG_1477530228.202685.jpg IMG_1477530347.175335.jpg

When it comes time for me to build another rig for myself, I will likely go with the low angle EVO sliders. I honestly felt they were a weld on and forget item. Always there when I needed them and without issue. If I were considering any other slider, it would likely be the LOD. Just a note, but this has nothing to do with them being supporters of the forum. They just have a proven track record and are made in the USA, two must haves when I am shopping for anything for my Jeeps.

Top Bottom