Aftermarket seat heater, what about sensors?

Rottenbelly

I am looking to add some seat heaters but was wondering if it's ok to cover the passenger side seat sensors or not?
I saw that some Mopar kits only come with one pad for the passenger side due to the sensors and 2 for the driver side.
Has anyone added them over the sensors?

boardsurfer

What sensors are you talking about? I just added some aftermarket heat pads to my seats last week. Everything seems normal so far. I know there is a weight sensor of some sort that tells a passenger to buckle up if they havent. Come to think of it, no one has ridden there since I installed lol. So I dont know if it was affected or not.

Last edited:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I installed my aftermarket kit for both seats (back and bottom pads) a year ago or so. I never cut a hole for the sensor that I can remember. I think I posted a few pictures on a seat heater thread or my build thread...can't remember.

Either way the seat heaters work great and I have passengers riding all the time with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rottenbelly

Ok. I was talking about the passenger side sensors in particular. Well I may just go ahead and put them in over it and chance it.
I just thought it was odd that the Mopar kit wouldn't come with the heating pad to cover the sensors part of the seat.

Bigjimbo

The 13+ JK's don't allow for heaters on the seat part, only the back rest. I'm sure if there was a way to do it, they would make kits for it.

I was sold on the Mopar kit, but after some suggestions here I ended up getting a set of WarmSeats for my 2012. They have been fantastic.

Rottenbelly

The 13+ JK's don't allow for heaters on the seat part, only the back rest. I'm sure if there was a way to do it, they would make kits for it.

I was sold on the Mopar kit, but after some suggestions here I ended up getting a set of WarmSeats for my 2012. They have been fantastic.
Yeah, that's what I have found out so far. And mines an15, so apparently it has some airbag/ weight sensor right on top of the passenger seat where you sit that's not suppose to be covered up. That was why the.Mopar kit came with 3 heating element pads instead of 4.

I did find a write up where a guy cut out a spot in the heating element pad for the sensor, so it wouldn't be covered and it worked . So there's still hope if I can find a heating element that can be cut/trimmed accordingly.

Bigjimbo

Huh? I have a 2015 with heated seats and my butt gets warm.
Passenger side and after market? I'm sure you can make it work, I was just letting him know why the Mopar kit doesn't work for the 13+

I have read that some slip the heaters between the seats and their seat covers.

TheTank

I purchased a kit from Amazon, then I did the electrical and have a local upholstery shop put the pads in the seats for me. Never considered any reason not to do it. Seems to work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom