Factory NAV problems

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey guys, I have a problem with my Nav. I get a message saying "cannot unlock maps". Also not able to input addresses and it doesn't show much detail on the map. I'm dropping it off this week to get it taken care of under warranty. From what I read, it looks like the unit will need to be replaced. Had anyone else had this issue in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Only the beginning lol. My 2008 has the nav system and it is really not holding up well to time. And it appear sunlight can affect performance-good planning. Mine will randomly choose to find a location by just scrolling across the map. Also will just pop away to different things randomly. I will hear the beep, and off it goes. Sort of a holistic nav system. Only cure is to drive with it set to "whrte am i now".
And the touch screen is ultra finicky. Like, impossible to select things at times. Try to center the stereo? As soon as you open it, it defaults all sound to left side, and it is a nightmare getting it back to center, again because of the finicky touch screen. I would love a default calibration option but apparently that doesnt exist beyond some tricky steps that may work, or like as not bork your whole system.
Good luck. Perhaps the newer ones are better.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Update- Just got off the phone with the dealership. They said the head unit is failing so the whole thing needs to be replaced. Should have it completed mid next week.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I picked the Jeep back up today and all is good once again with the Navigation. They replaced it under warranty. Hopefully this one will last more than a year.

TheTank

Same happened to my 2015 JK. 30,000mi Took it to dealer, he replaced the entire radio unit. (I have the back-up camera flashed on the JK and the nee radio kept the option, camera still works)

bharkin

Same happened to my 2015 JK. 30,000mi Took it to dealer, he replaced the entire radio unit. (I have the back-up camera flashed on the JK and the nee radio kept the option, camera still works)

What is involved in flashing for the backup camera? How/where did you get it done??

Top Bottom