Possible JKU transmission issue....

Rocfrog

Ok so last weekend my wife's JKU started making a vary quiet almost not noticeable failed bearing sound. I figured it was either the pilot bearing or the throw out bearing so I started doing research on clutches because I figured if I had to pull the transmission might as well replace everything in there while I had it out. Well on Friday as she was leaving from work the sound got way worse and was very obvious.....BUT she noticed that it only does it in first and second gear and then goes away.

Am I right in thinking that this is either the pilot or throw out bearing? Or do I have bigger issues and possibly need to look into a new transmission???

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draconianwinter

To me it sounds like a different issue. A bearing should be a constant sound. Doesn't mean you are incorrect as with these new vehicles I am no expert, but anytime I ever had a bearing go out in my old vehicles it was a constant nose that would be louder or quitter depending on rpm range. Also I had three throw out bearing go out on me over the the coarse of my driving. And they only made nose when I depressed the clutch except for one. Not sure why but it only made a nose once and when it did it was a catastrophic failure likely do to the rather deep Mudd puddle I went through. The bearing got stuck to the forks and yeah it was not pleasant

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom