Jku Rubicon Blown Shock?

Bcvetter

Hey Guys,
I have a 2015 JKUR with the teraflex leveling kit on it. Jeep has 28000 miles and I put the ARB front and rear bumpers on it. The front tires are cupping really bad. I checked the tire pressure and it's all good. I'm thinking the added weight of the bumper coupled with extending the stock shocks blew the front shocks? Also when going over speed bumps fast you can hear a clunk that wasn't there before.

Thoughts?

jmatta33

Hey Guys,
I have a 2015 JKUR with the teraflex leveling kit on it. Jeep has 28000 miles and I put the ARB front and rear bumpers on it. The front tires are cupping really bad. I checked the tire pressure and it's all good. I'm thinking the added weight of the bumper coupled with extending the stock shocks blew the front shocks? Also when going over speed bumps fast you can hear a clunk that wasn't there before.

Thoughts?

This should still be under warranty right? I would have the dealer take a look immediately. Can you see any fluid leaking from the shocks or anything?

Bcvetter

I took it to my mechanic and he said the ball joints are bad. They are covered under warranty. Seemed to think that the added weight of the arb caused them to go.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Depending on your dealership they may fight you if you have "oversized" tires. The stock ball joints are garbage anyhow, if they don't/won't cover them just get the dynatrac HD ball joints,completely rebuildable and grease able.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom