Reqired equipment

jeepwolf

Ok so im trying to get a list of generally required equipment for small trail rides.

Rides would be between 4-15 people

trails would not be more than 10miles from civilization

light to light/moderate trails

Required equipment i was thinking

1.Working CB
2. snatch/tow strap
3. at least 1 recovery point

feel free to give me ideas

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Here are the requirements for JKX as a start.

Lockers, Front and Rear
Sport Cage
37″ Minimum Tire Size for 4 Door
35″ Minimum Tire Size for 2 Door
Must be self sufficient with tools and spare parts
Must carry 2 Fire Extinguishers, First Aid Kit and Spill Kit
Working CB Radio
Winch
Working E-brake
Co-Driver must be over 18 and be self sufficient in vehicle repair.

I know you won't need all that for every trail but that is a good start. The biggest requirement in my opinion is to be able to get yourself off the trail if something happens. Whether it be tools to fix or knowledge of how to rig it to get to the road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unless I know for a fact there won't be anything hard, I typically require the following as a bare minimum:

1. Tow points front and rear
2. Strap
3. Rocker guards

So long as there's at least 1 CB for every 4-5 rigs and they are spaced out accordingly, you should be okay. Anything more a rig has is gravy. The harder the trail, the more the requirements.

Atch

Ok so im trying to get a list of generally required equipment for small trail rides.

Rides would be between 4-15 people

trails would not be more than 10miles from civilization

light to light/moderate trails

Required equipment i was thinking

1.Working CB
2. snatch/tow strap
3. at least 1 recovery point

feel free to give me ideas

Our club requires a first aid kit & fire extinguisher, along with what you already mentioned, which I think are great ideas for the just in case scenarios.

jeepwolf

I likin the first aid, fire extinguisher, spare parts, seeing as We're not far from civilization I don't carry spare parts neither do I have the money to this out for extra parts just sit there so I carry extra oils and fluids

bl17z90

Eddie, didn't you do a thread on this awile ago? However that may have been specific to recovery gear.

jeepwolf

Ya, 90% of or runs would be gravel/dirt hills 35-55degree, water holes no more than 2 1/2 feet deep with somewhat solid bottoms. And very low rollover risk on almost all trails.

Top Bottom