Learn something everyday - Transfer Case

LarryG

Ok, so I have been thinking I need to swap my Sport transfer case (2015 Auto) for a Rubi case....I "thought" I had a 2.72 gear ratio in it. Turns out, I have a 3.73 gear ratio according to the VIN# and the dealer.

So.....I am better off than I thought...but....what are YOUR thoughts on swapping, now? I am running 5:38 gears, and 37" tires??????

Thanks

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I have not heard of a 3.73 transfer case... axles, yes.

jeeeep

Hooked
Ok, so I have been thinking I need to swap my Sport transfer case (2015 Auto) for a Rubi case....I "thought" I had a 2.72 gear ratio in it. Turns out, I have a 3.73 gear ratio according to the VIN# and the dealer.

So.....I am better off than I thought...but....what are YOUR thoughts on swapping, now? I am running 5:38 gears, and 37" tires??????

Thanks

the Jeep vin number will identify the gear ratio in the axles when it left the assembly plant.

there is a round tab on the transfer case that identifies the transfer case. standard on Sport/Sahara is 2.72:1, Rubicon is 4:1

Do you have after market axles?

LarryG

the Jeep vin number will identify the gear ratio in the axles when it left the assembly plant.

there is a round tab on the transfer case that identifies the transfer case. standard on Sport/Sahara is 2.72:1, Rubicon is 4:1

I do...PR60s. When I gave the VIN# to the dealer, was told the transfer case had 3.73 gear ratio?????

I will look under the Jeep for the round tab!

LarryG

I do...PR60s. When I gave the VIN# to the dealer, was told the transfer case had 3.73 gear ratio?????

I will look under the Jeep for the round tab!

DAMN! Indeed the dealer lied to me! I looked...the tag clearly shows 2.72 gear ratio. Back to my Rubicon TC search.

jmatta33

DAMN! Indeed the dealer lied to me! I looked...the tag clearly shows 2.72 gear ratio. Back to my Rubicon TC search.

So I guess you didn't learn something new today :yup: I need to get my hands a Rubi TC at some point too though, good luck in your search!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

^^^^This. Jeep axles are either 3.21, 3.73, or 4.10.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sullivan

I think it all depends on price. Obviously a Rubi is nothing compared to an atlas, but those 2 can be a huge price difference. An atlas with cables and shifters is close to $4k. Rubi tcase is $1k or less.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom