San Diego trails

cdl

Can any of the San Diego guys point out some good local trails. I'm still in stock JKUR (for now at least). Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For a stocker I would check out Anza Borrego or Big Bear. There aren't many in San Diego (city-ish). Also there is Corral Canyon.

Nicholas

Pancake rock trail and corral canyon ohv area both are about 45 mins east. I've done all the trails at CC ohv except the connector stock. You will have belly round and might get hung up but don't go alone and carry recovery gear.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, Anza Borrego has some nice trails and if you're looking for bit more fun, Coral Canyon is worth a run too :yup:

jelliott076

Valley of the Moon is alway gorgious though the trails are short. If you're running stock the entry/ exit may be fun. The amethyst mine is pretty cool to check out but lock your jeep the smugglers might take your stuff.

ForumRunner_20130119_171900.jpg

ForumRunner_20130119_171838.jpg

Ocatillo is always good and everything already mentioned in the post are great runs

johnny_t

A little farther east of Corral Canyon is Jacumba which used to be fun. Don't know if its still accessible to the public.

Moochie

This area is right on the border. Usually you will see the Border Patrol close by. Don't pick up any hitch hikers.

Serg5000

Godd info. My son lives In san Diego and was asking me if I knew of any trails out there. I have not run any, however this year that will change. I will give my son a heads up. :thumb:

Rebel JK

Godd info. My son lives In san Diego and was asking me if I knew of any trails out there. I have not run any, however this year that will change. I will give my son a heads up. :thumb:

A nice easy loop starts at Fonts wash in Borrego to Fonts point then back to Short wash which cuts over to fault wash then take Fault wash down and hook up to Blowsand canyon. drops you out across Hwy 78 from the campground at Ocotillo wells. They have plenty of cold beverages there...
A good place to stop in Borrego is the visitor center, you can pick up a map for a dollar, and the staff is very knowledgable on the area.

I can leave North County 8am run this route and and be home by 4 easy.

Serg5000

A nice easy loop starts at Fonts wash in Borrego to Fonts point then back to Short wash which cuts over to fault wash then take Fault wash down and hook up to Blowsand canyon. drops you out across Hwy 78 from the campground at Ocotillo wells. They have plenty of cold beverages there...
A good place to stop in Borrego is the visitor center, you can pick up a map for a dollar, and the staff is very knowledgable on the area.

I can leave North County 8am run this route and and be home by 4 easy.
I will have my son shoot you a PM maybe some day you can run us or him around the area.

MRDON

Try the Truckhaven area, has something for any level. There's the TDS training area also (free). Quads, bike, Jeep, rock crawling. And good advice never go alone.

Top Bottom