Pro Rock 44 internals question

Mkp08

So im purchasing the internals for my pro Rock 44 and the guy at north ridge said that i need new axle shafts that stock rubi44's wont work with a pro rock 44 is that correct?

JAGS

Hooked
If they say so, it must be true. Selling you a bill of goods, unless they have some insider info.

I'd call dyna directly as WJCO said.

jeeeep

Hooked
So im purchasing the internals for my pro Rock 44 and the guy at north ridge said that i need new axle shafts that stock rubi44's wont work with a pro rock 44 is that correct?

Do you already have the axle? do you have Rubicon?

Call Dynatrac for the best results. it depends on which PR44 you have as to which locker is required. they make a PR44 that you can swap Rubicon internals to and they make the PR44 for aftermarket lockers - pumpkins are slightly different. they both require Dana44 R&P.

So depending on which PR44 you have the locker choices vary.

If you're getting an ARB locker then it depends on which locker you need. If i recall correctly, if you have the PR44 that houses all the stock Rubicon parts (Dana44) then you need ARB RD157 which require 35 spline shafts.

I went through this when buying my PR44, i finally called Dynatrac to get a right answer as i wanted to use my stock internals while the shop was trying to upsell me on everything.

RSQCON

Axle shaft length on the the Rubicon model Dana 44s is slightly different then a standard (or non-Rubicon) model 44s so they are not pulling the wool over your eyes so to speak.

Benito

Caught the Bug

if they are flat out telling you that stock Rubicon D44 internals wont swap over to a PR44 they are trying to sell you the more expensive option where they build the axle with a different locker/axle shafts/gears or they are oblivious to what PR44 housings are available. call Dynatrac or Trail Jeeps. when i was in the process of buying my housing (already had a Rubi44) Northridge offered the housiing that allowed you to use the stock Rubi internals, however they charged extra to get a raised tracbar mount (they cut off the bracket (stock height) that comes from dynatrac weld on a synergy bracket). i called trail jeeps and they hooked me up with the same housing that came with a raised tracbar bracket from Dynatrac already on it, that was an instant savings of $200+.

Top Bottom