To owners of Truck-Lite headlights

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking about upgrading my stock headlights. I see Truck-lites are a popular replacement option. I'd like to hear opinions about them from people who are running them. Are you happy with the performance? Are they worth the cost? Did you have to buy something additional to keep lights from flickering? Would you buy them again?

Napalm

Yes, yes, and yes you will need an anti flicker harness.

I've already bought them three times for three different Jeeps, and I'd do it again if I needed too. While there isn't anything wrong with JW Speakers, I am more of a fan of the simple smoked look of the Truck-Lites.

Buy them. You will not regret it.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yes, yes, and yes you will need an anti flicker harness.

I've already bought them three times for three different Jeeps, and I'd do it again if I needed too. While there isn't anything wrong with JW Speakers, I am more of a fan of the simple smoked look of the Truck-Lites.

Buy them. You will not regret it.

Do you ever get tired of building jeeps with Truck Lites and Evo Leveling kits, ha-ha!

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Really happy with the trucklites. As mentioned get the anti flicker harness. Simple install and big difference.

jeeeep

Hooked
owned them, replaced them with VisionX

truck-lites are bright but the 'x' pattern they created bothered me. even after adjusting in both directions they still had that 'x' pattern

After installing VisionX i found the overall light pattern coverage is better than the TL, same brightness but better pattern. no weird 'x' and no light flicker - had to replace the TL anti-flicker harness a couple of times.

I think you have to order the anti-flicker harness separately for the TL's TL also makes a heated model if you live in winter conditions.

On my third JK with Truck-Lites. Love them. I don't even run the anti-flicker harness...they seem to be fine without them. People want to bitch about a X or Y shape in them, but they are bright, easy to install, don't cost an arm and a leg, and are durable...so I'll stick with them.

There are a ton of LED headlight options out there now...thanks, but no thanks...I'll stick with the good old fashioned Truck-Lites.

And no, I don't work for them, nor am I affiliated with them in any way. In fact, I won my first set from 4wheel drive hardware in a photo contest!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Trucklites are the only led's (at least that I am aware of) that use a heating element in the lens to melt ice. I have them, and it works as advertised.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've had them. I really liked them. The X pattern did not bother me, as I'm an adult, and can look at the road, instead of focusing on the hot spots in LED headlights (yes JW Speaker has a noticeable hot spot, too). In my opinion, the high beam may be superior to JW Speaker. I have JW Speaker, now, but, if I were to buy headlights, today, I'd buy Trucklites.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

allwhitejeeps

The stock headlights on a jeep are horrible so I would definetely recommend the Truck lites. I swear you wont even need a light bar this thing is WAY brighter and all you will need.

Flynlo

I've been running the TL's for about a year and love them. My only regret is not buying the heated version as the unheated ones can ice up quickly in the winter.

Does anyone know if there's a product, like a clear decal or membrame that contains heated elements that can be placed over the lenses?

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for the reviews guys. Keep em coming.

you'll keep getting the same comment results - they are a good light for the price ... my screwed up eyes couldn't take the X pattern

find someone near you that has them, that way you can see them 1st hand.

like everything else, you'll get the yays and nays

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been running mine now for over two years with the PWM harness. I love em! I think I might be the only person that doesn't notice the X pattern everyone talks about. Only time I think I ever have is in THICK fog. Would buy them again in a heart beat! So bring I almost never use my light bar. I only turn it on for shits and giggles lol

USMC Wrangler

I've had them for over a year and love them too. I noticed the "hot spots" or X at first only because every hater on another forum freaked out about them.

I work nights in a pretty rural area and couldn't imagine having my stock lights again. The low beams are great but the high beams are beyond amazing.

They did ice up in a freak snow storm and I had one high beam fail. TL had a replacement in my hands in less than 36 hours. Those are the only negatives I've experienced.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Been running mine now for over two years with the PWM harness. I love em! I think I might be the only person that doesn't notice the X pattern everyone talks about. Only time I think I ever have is in THICK fog. Would buy them again in a heart beat! So bring I almost never use my light bar. I only turn it on for shits and giggles lol

Same here, I only ever notice the X when in thick fog. Also haven't bothered using my A Pillar LED pods since putting them in.

I really like the wide pattern on the TL's; they basically illuminate the entire road and beyond (I guess I could put it as "ditch to ditch"), huge help when keeping an eye out for deer crossing the road, especially this time of the year.

Top Bottom