2016 SEMA BREAKING NEWS: NEW Dynatrac 1550 40-Spline Front Axle Shaft Kits

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who are really pushing your Jeep JK Wrangler to the limit, Dynatrac has just released their all new 1550 front axle shaft kit that provides 40-spline strength hub to hub. This is the fifth exclusive press release of 5 that Cindy and I got at the 2016 SEMA show. Check it out!

All-New Dynatrac 1550 Front Axle Shaft Kits Provide Elite-Level 40-Spline Strength Hub-to-Hub for Front Axles

20161031174259-c138fa83.jpg

• 40-spline axle shafts designed for use in Dynatrac ProRock XD60® and ProRock 80™ front axles equipped with Dynatrac 1550 LT® wheel ends
• Shaft kit provides maximum strength with 100 percent U.S.-sourced forged 4340 chromoly steel
• These shafts are 100 percent processed under precise controls in the U.S., including proprietary heat-treating, splining, grinding and complete finish-machining
• Expertly engineered yokes reinforce the ears around the axle joint to support the massive 1550 axle joints under high torque
• Ultra-sharp 50-degree steering capability for tight turning radius
• 100 percent made in the USA

Las Vegas – Dynatrac introduces 40-spline 1550 front axle shaft kits designed specifically for the ProRock XD60™ and ProRock 80™ front axle assemblies. The massive axle shafts are part of a complete 40-spline 1550 LT® package for these axles, providing customers with unmatched strength from hub-to-hub. And they are 100 percent made in the USA.

Dynatrac axle shafts are made from 4340 chromoly steel, and feature a proprietary heat-treating process to give them optimal torsional strength, while maintaining toughness and ductility to absorb shock loads that might otherwise damage differentials and ring-and-pinion gears. The one-piece forgings add significant reinforcement around the axle joint caps to protect against deformation under intense loads, a leading cause of steering-joint failure. The steering joints are 1550, the largest available in the industry. Steering angles up to 50 degrees are attainable with these Dynatrac shafts and 1550 LT wheel ends, giving customers a tight turning radius.

The Dynatrac 40-spline 1550 front axle shaft kit is part of entire system for the ProRock XD60, and is the only way to get true 40-spline strength hub-to-hub in a 60-based front axle assembly. The system includes:
• Dynatrac 1550 LT wheel ends. These wheel ends provide clearance to swing the massive shafts and steering joints. To facilitate service, the 1550 LT wheel ends are designed so that the entire shaft assembly can be slid in and out without removal of the knuckle from the end of the axle housing.
• New Dynatrac 40-spline DynaLoc™ hubs. In addition to having larger and stronger internals designed specifically for a 40-spline outer axle, DynaLoc hubs are three times stronger than competing hubs, and with a unique gear design that won’t disengage under high torque load. They feature a low profile, keeping them tucked farther inside the wheels and more protected from trail damage. The locking mechanism also requires only an 1/8 turn to engage and disengage.
• A 40-spline ARB Air Locker is exclusively available through Dynatrac. This version of the ARB Air Locker has been engineered to accept 40-spline axle shafts and oversized Dynatrac ProRock XD60 carrier bearings. It is also equipped with the industry’s first oversized carrier bearing trunnion that will not deform or cone-out under severe loads.

This combination builds upon the unique strength characteristics that make the ProRock XD60 the strongest and lightest axle in its class. And no axle matches the ground clearance provided by the patented ProRock® design.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my, these new 40-spline 1550 shafts are about as big as a Dana 30 axle housing!! Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating a little but I kid you not, just by a little. :crazyeyes:

20161101231043-59f25fe9-me.jpg

20161101231044-ac819931-me.jpg

Top Bottom