Stock coils vs Plush rides

catahoula

Caught the Bug
So...I am contemplating changing it up...a little. I currently run 18/59's, Rubi shocks and a full TF leveling puck kit on my 2 door. I have had zero issues with this set up. I am looking at either EVO leveling kit or change fronts out to a 2" Plush in front and leave the rears alone. I have really liked the stance and the ride has always seemed a little stiff. I would like to someday go to a 34 or 35. I know it is a jeep. I know I might have to trim the pinch seam and flares. I keep reading how nice the Plush rides are. I would like to get opinions especially from some that have ran something like me then changed. Is the ride really noticeable with the Plush coils? I do have a heavy bumper and winch and might keep a 1" spacer in the front as well. Pics of yours are welcome too.

Here is how she sits now.

1476719436723.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Go for it, but don't waste your $ buying the full kit, just get the coils, more than likely you'll need bigger spacers in the back.

benatc1

Hooked
so I drove my 2 door for a while with 3" plush rides, after months of teraflex springs- man what a difference- and then when I got my new 4 door rubicon and drove it for about 250 miles before everything swapped over, I thought the 18/59s seemed stiff compared to my plush rides/rancho shocks on my 2 door. so then when I installed the 4 in plush rides and Ranchos on my new 4 door I thought the ride was smoother than stock and a much better feel off road. now I can't speak on the leveling kit or 2 inch ones but I would imagine they are about the same. I'd think you'd really like the plush rides. they flex and stretch nice as well!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

CarolinaJK

I have the 2" plush rides on mine with the rubicon shocks. I love the ride, but will be getting rancho shocks to smooth it out even more. My buddy just picked up a JKU with the teraflex leveling pucks and rubi shocks. While the ride is similar, mine seems to soak up the bumps, while in his the bumps are much more noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Having run essentially the same setup, I would ditch the 59 rears and use a spacer with your stock rear coils. The plush ride 2" are soft, and won't pair up well with the hard springs. You may want to use more than a 1" spacer in the rear, as the plush rides run tall on a 2 door.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Go for it, but don't waste your $ buying the full kit, just get the coils, more than likely you'll need bigger spacers in the back.

Yup already looking at that.

so I drove my 2 door for a while with 3" plush rides, after months of teraflex springs- man what a difference- and then when I got my new 4 door rubicon and drove it for about 250 miles before everything swapped over, I thought the 18/59s seemed stiff compared to my plush rides/rancho shocks on my 2 door. so then when I installed the 4 in plush rides and Ranchos on my new 4 door I thought the ride was smoother than stock and a much better feel off road. now I can't speak on the leveling kit or 2 inch ones but I would imagine they are about the same. I'd think you'd really like the plush rides. they flex and stretch nice as well!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Loved your 2 door! The ride seems a bit jarring at times. I will pair with Ranchos later and run stock for now.

I have the 2" plush rides on mine with the rubicon shocks. I love the ride, but will be getting rancho shocks to smooth it out even more. My buddy just picked up a JKU with the teraflex leveling pucks and rubi shocks. While the ride is similar, mine seems to soak up the bumps, while in his the bumps are much more noticeable.

Yours is turning out amazing! Love the stance.

Very happy with the two inch plush rides. You won't regret them!

They really give you some height as well. You ran them on your other rig as well right? Yup leaning on front set I think.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Having run essentially the same setup, I would ditch the 59 rears and use a spacer with your stock rear coils. The plush ride 2" are soft, and won't pair up well with the hard springs. You may want to use more than a 1" spacer in the rear, as the plush rides run tall on a 2 door.

Do you think a 2.5" or smaller? I could always add a 1" in the front if too tall. Whatcha think? I had 55's in the rear originally. I am hoping and do not think I will lose any height. Might gain a little.

notnalc68

Do you think a 2.5" or smaller? I could always add a 1" in the front if too tall. Whatcha think? I had 55's in the rear originally. I am hoping and do not think I will lose any height. Might gain a little.

1.75" probably. Your rig looks light. 1 inch wasn't enough on my 2 door. More than 2 would be too much. I actually ran mine with plush rides and 59 rears, and it didn't pair well. The 55's and a spacer will be fine.

notnalc68

Mine with stock bumpers, RockHard winch plate, Warn M8000. 2" Plush rides in front, 55's with 1" spacers in back. It was a little nose high.

IMG_1478089363.731790.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
1.75" probably. Your rig looks light. 1 inch wasn't enough on my 2 door. More than 2 would be too much. I actually ran mine with plush rides and 59 rears, and it didn't pair well. The 55's and a spacer will be fine.

I will start looking. If I do get them I might just leave rears in to see. I am curious as to how the front will look with bumper and winch with those springs.

notnalc68

That was a nice rig! You miss it?...a little? You digging the 4 door? Yours look nice. I have always though mine looked a little nose high as well and a lot more noticeable on mine then yours.

Thx. Yeah, I miss it. Mine was a little more nose high than that pic shows.

mojave5

So...I am contemplating changing it up...a little. I currently run 18/59's, Rubi shocks and a full TF leveling puck kit on my 2 door. I have had zero issues with this set up. I am looking at either EVO leveling kit or change fronts out to a 2" Plush in front and leave the rears alone. I have really liked the stance and the ride has always seemed a little stiff. I would like to someday go to a 34 or 35. I know it is a jeep. I know I might have to trim the pinch seam and flares. I keep reading how nice the Plush rides are. I would like to get opinions especially from some that have ran something like me then changed. Is the ride really noticeable with the Plush coils? I do have a heavy bumper and winch and might keep a 1" spacer in the front as well. Pics of yours are welcome too.

Here is how she sits now.

View attachment 229265

Thanks in advance!

So i ran a Teraflex leveling kit for 2 years, then a Teraflex 2.5" lift for only 2-3 months and ditched it for EVO 3" plush rides with Fox shocks. The plush rides are by far a lot better ride quality on and off road in my opinion.

If you do the 2" plush rides in the front then i would look at getting the old man emu springs for the rear. I hear the ride quality is compatible and won't have need for a puck to level it out.

I believe there is a thread on pairing the 2" plush rides with them as well.

Top Bottom