EVO coil overs and towing help

TLAW719

Hello everyone, I am new to the Jeep world but am absolutely hooked. I am working on getting a 12' or 13' JKUR and am wanting some opinions on towing with it. I will be towing my jet skis with it and both skis and trailer fully loaded ready to go is only 2500 pounds so in stock form I am not to worried about it. I live in Hesperia CA and will be taking my skis to Silverwood Lake and also Lake Havasu all summer. Im wondering if anyone knows what kind of fuel milage i can expect towing and also, i plan on doing a set up like WOL's RubiCAT and am wondering how that will effect towing my skis. My main concern is the 230+ mile trip out to Havasu. Any input would be greaty appreciated.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You should be fine. The member blazer here on WAYALIFE has the EVO coil overs with EVO lever and pulls a jet ski trailer out to the river just like you're wanting to do and doesn't have any issues. Maybe he'll chime in with more info.

TLAW719

You should be fine. The member blazer here on WAYALIFE has the EVO coil overs with EVO lever and pulls a jet ski trailer out to the river just like you're wanting to do and doesn't have any issues. Maybe he'll chime in with more info.

ok cool thank you. and hopefully he will

Wizard

Rather than start a new thread, hopefully my question will fit in here.

I tow a heavy camper trailer which is about 160 kg (350 lb) down on the tow ball and about 1300 kg (2900 lb) in total weight.

My question is, can a coil over suspension be tuned to not only handle this sort of weight when towing, but still offer good flex and a comfortable ride when not towing?

snopro

Banned
Rather than start a new thread, hopefully my question will fit in here.

I tow a heavy camper trailer which is about 160 kg (350 lb) down on the tow ball and about 1300 kg (2900 lb) in total weight.

My question is, can a coil over suspension be tuned to not only handle this sort of weight when towing, but still offer good flex and a comfortable ride when not towing?

Might have a stiffer ride when not towing. You could maybe mark and find the sweet spot when not towing and turn down the rear coils after you disconnect the trailer

DJCFHB

I run the bolt on coilovers and my solution for pulling my boat or utility trailer was to stick the stock springs back in when towing. i just high lift jack the rear up enough to slide the springs in, takes all of two minute to do. That way i don't have to adjust the coilovers or swap spring rates every time i need to tow something.

Top Bottom