Fuel tank 10 minute fill up.

xflstl

2010 Jkur, my fuel tank skid is pretty dented up, and just recently my fuel tank has gotten incredible difficult to fill. It takes upto 10 or more minutes to get 15ish gallons in it.
I'm thinking that the mangled fuel skid maybe pushing up on the tank and somehow pinching the vent line? When I fuel I get .1 to .3 gallons in before it spits out out me and I have to stop wait a few seconds and repeat.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I've seen many tsbs over the years from various manufacturers. Usually it is some kind of restriction in the vapor system of the tank that does that. Could be purge valve, evap canister, filler neck, etc. So truthfully if the skid plate is pushed up that much it could be a contributing factor. I would call your local dealer service department and see if they have any bulletins as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 just started doing the same thing within the last couple of weeks. I need to underneath and see if the fill tube move after the last offroad trip

ZeMax

Definitely have a look at your vent line. Had something similar happen to my pre-Wrangler mean of locomotion. I'm my case the vent line somehow collapse/pinch itself.

Top Bottom