Gearing with 6.4 hemi and 40's??

jeeper52

LOSER
Hello, i have a question regarding gearing with a 6.4 hemi and 40's. I currently am running 5:38's with the 3.6 but i found a good deal on a conversion so im going to jump on it and get the motor in a few months. Would i still run 5:38's or should i budget for gears aswell?

Last edited:

sc_rhino

Hello, i have a question regarding gearing with a 6.4 hemi and 40's. I currently am running 5:38's with the 3.6 but i found a good deal on a conversion so im going to jump on it and get the motor in a few months. Would i still run 5:38's or should i budget for gears aswell?

What transmission will you be running? Eddies running 5.38, 40s but he has the 6L80.

Liston
Instagram: black_rhino_jk

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I personally prefer to gear to a ratio that works best offroad, which is why I'd stick with 5.38. With the 6.4 you'll likely still be using the A580 trans you currently have, so I'd leave your gears alone. If you find your engine revs higher than your liking, then maybe consider a gear change.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

xflstl

I'm running 5.13's with a bored and stroked 6.4 (7.0L) you will be fine with either 5.13's or 5.38. I originally had 5.38 then with new axles went 5.13. You won't be disappointed either way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom