Useless add on/mods

Chris1015

Afternoon, everyone

Was wondering what you commonly see on the roads or on the trail as the most overrated modification people do to their JK.

For example, the 50" LED light bar. Personally, I love it, don't own it, but like the look. Having said that, it's hard for me to justify buying that for $700 when it seems most trails close at dusk.

What gets you thinking, "Ha, what a waste of money?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Grille (7 slot) deletes. Angry eyes. Unibrow. Wheels with low profile tires. Windshield and top-of-hood lightbars.

Napalm

If I had to look back and say what is the most useless thing I've ever spent money on for my Jeep, it would be the Rugged Ridge Cowl Covers. Nothing wrong with them, they just serve no purpose other than covering up the cowl dings from the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Afternoon, everyone

Was wondering what you commonly see on the roads or on the trail as the most overrated modification people do to their JK.

For example, the 50" LED light bar. Personally, I love it, don't own it, but like the look. Having said that, it's hard for me to justify buying that for $700 when it seems most trails close at dusk.

I'm not sure why the roof-top light bar gets so much flack lol
I use mine just about every trail ride, granted we wheel at night typically.

One thing that bothers me though, limb risers...

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Afternoon, everyone

Most trails in the western US don't close at dusk so added lights have their uses. The 50" light bars are good for faster stuff because the put the light out ahead, on a down side they do throw some glare off the hood. If you watch some of Eddie's vids you will see many times where they get off the trails well after dark.

Kalums

An after market CAI in a JK. Stock filter "filters" better and usually lets the same cfm through. Your engine can only suc so much air in,put a CAI won't change that. Intake throttle body high flow exhaust and cat... That might help change it, but just a filter... Snake oil my friends snake oil.

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Let's face it there are tons of products out there that are not practical we can put on our jeeps, BUT some of them sure make them look BAD ASS!

Coop

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure why the roof-top light bar gets so much flack lol
I use mine just about every trail ride, granted we wheel at night typically.

Wind noise, hood glare, it blinds the hell out of the jeeps in front of you on the trail.

To contribute to the OP's question, the hard plastic flairs are useless on difficult or tight trails, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I wouldn't say useless, but very popular often purchased, yet seldom used. Hi lift Jack.

Draconianwinter

My winch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Hmm... while I am hoping I never use mine outside of the testing I done with it to make sure it was going to pull the jeep I wouldn't say it is useless. I tend to be by myself a lot when I wheel, and after spending one night years ago digging myself out of a mud hole that was about 3 foot deep, I figure a winch is not so useless lol. Btw it only took me about 8 hours to get myself out. Learned the hard way have recovery equipment at all times lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
My winch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hmm... while I am hoping I never use mine outside of the testing I done with it to make sure it was going to pull the jeep I wouldn't say it is useless. I tend to be by myself a lot when I wheel, and after spending one night years ago doggone myself out of a mud hole that was about 3 foot deep, I figure a winch is not so useless lol. Btw it only took me about 8 Hossa to get myself out. Learned the hard way have recovery equipment at all times lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Winch has definitely saved my ass too.

TX_JK

I think headlight guards, side marker light guards, and the door handle inserts are all over the top.

Top Bottom