Jobs?

Hock Edition

Im getting out of the Army in one year and am looking for a job as a police officer or really any job at first. looking for in Colorado. anyone know of any jobs that will hire military vet?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
A lot of police departments look for prior military I think. There is also private contracting, FBI or others of the like. I would get in contact with departments where you are looking to move and start the process now. Its never too early to apply.

Cpfiremn

Im getting out of the Army in one year and am looking for a job as a police officer or really any job at first. looking for in Colorado. anyone know of any jobs that will hire military vet?

Try USAjobs.com. It's the website government agencies hire from. (Dod,homeland security..etc) . You will probably have a good chance getting hired as a DOD police, since they hire alot of vets. Atleast you can get you foot in the door and eventually work on getting with city or county law enforcement

Sent from my iPhone

mackey

Ventura County Sheriffs Department in So California has hired several Vets. I believe they are currently hiring and they are an awesome department. I have 15 years with them. PM me if your interested.

Hightower

Oil & Gas industry is hurting for people in Colorado North Dakota, Utah and Texas, most entry level jobs will pay well with fast advancement. Good luck thanks for your services.

Donttread

With a lot of people getting out and war drawing down there's going to be a lot of people seeking those law enforcement jobs. If I was in your shoes I would definitely seek a back up plan. Using your gi bill is another option as well. Depending on your rank and location u can make a nice chunk of money on your gi bill while on unemployment.

-Molon labe-

SoCalDozer

Also check out Orion International. they are like a recruiting company for companies all over the world who are looking to hire military.
They recently got 5 guys from my command jobs starting at 65k a year with no college and just 4 years experience.
I have a year and a half to go on my contract and I have already started looking for jobs once I get out.
So far Northrop Grumman and Intel have both shown interest.

PGH08JK

Policeone.com has job listings for every state. check that site out, Alot of departments anymore are looking for college degrees, but military service over rides that qualification in most departments. Also, if it is a civil service test department, Prior Military duty bumps you up to the top of the list should you score withing the top 10 of people applying for that job. Good Luck, and thanks for you're service! I was a dog trainer for Police and some military dogs. Glad to see they are working great!

Rharvey160

What about the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. I have an uncle that worked there as a fireman after retiring from the service. I assue they have a police force out there as well.

Donttread

Any actual bases have a police force of some type. They'll usually have a civilian force of some magnitude.

-Molon labe-

White_JKU

Most police agencies prefer veterans. Ive been in law enforcement ever since I left rhe military 8 years ago. Just remember that being an MP or SP in the military will NOT help you very much or be considered experience by civilian law enforcement agencies. However military preference does help regardless of MOS.

j.house013

With scholarships and grants u can go to school. Maybe? I'm on my last semester at University of Idaho. With grants and scholarships, plus GI bill it is pretty good living, enough to pay the bulls and live comfortably. It can only help the résumé. I'm in the interview process for the police dep here..... One position open. 34 applicants..... We are down to the top 4...

Top Bottom