Anybody ever run wheel spacers like this?

chitown35

LOSER
Thoughts?

AT 71.5 bore they'd be hub centric. I'd hope to get like 6 full turns of the lug nuts still.

1478325583014.jpg

BILLET WHEEL SPACERS| 5X5= 5X127MM | 12MM | 71.5 | JEEP WRANGLER JK

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

Draconianwinter

Thoughts?

AT 71.5 bore they'd be hub centric. I'd hope to get like 6 full turns of the lug nuts still.

View attachment 229614

BILLET WHEEL SPACERS| 5X5= 5X127MM | 12MM | 71.5 | JEEP WRANGLER JK

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.
You will not likely find anyone on this site running those or likely most any site. Couple issues. First those are true spacers and not adapters. Meaning they just sit behind the wheel with nothing holding them on other than pressure from wheel, where as the adapters are bolted to the hub then the wheel bolts to the adapter.
Second issue is they are very unsafe due to not being directly bolted to the hub themselves, and can actually cause you're wheel to loosen while driving.
Third they are not allowed for street use by dot because they are not bolted directly to the hub making them very unsafe.
Never use these of you are not wanting to have a serious accident, and yes I have seen wheels come off of vehicles that had these kind of space rings on them, and I promise you it isn't pretty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

chitown35

LOSER
You will not likely find anyone on this site running those or likely most any site. Couple issues. First those are true spacers and not adapters. Meaning they just sit behind the wheel with nothing holding them on other than pressure from wheel, where as the adapters are bolted to the hub then the wheel bolts to the adapter.
Second issue is they are very unsafe due to not being directly bolted to the hub themselves, and can actually cause you're wheel to loosen while driving.
Third they are not allowed for street use by dot because they are not bolted directly to the hub making them very unsafe.
Never use these of you are not wanting to have a serious accident, and yes I have seen wheels come off of vehicles that had these kind of space rings on them, and I promise you it isn't pretty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for the detailed response. Crap. Back to the drawing board. I guess I'll probably end up with 2.75" backspacing for awhile then.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I currently run 1/4 inch spacers similar to those on my '78 911. I bought the car 10+ years ago with them installed. They are fine for that use.

I would not run them on my Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom