Your mates down under are still sweltering

Gibbo

This is the hottest summer I can remember in the 29 years I've lived in Australia, Sydney the capitol of the state of New South Wales hit an all time record of 45.8c, today, and that's on the coast. We're not getting the odd heat wave that lasts a day or two, it's been very hot for two months now. This time in 2011 the whole place was flooding, the worst in history in many areas including the city of Brisbane. What's next? snow this winter for Sydney and Brisbane. What's going on I ask. I hope this heat doesn't go your way for your up coming summer. Just thought I'd share that with you. I feel better now.:standing wave:

ssgp2

I bet the beer is real good!
:D
Any chance of you taking a picture of a cooking egg on Uluru?

-29c in Montreal this morning.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! Sure hope things cool off for you soon. How are the crazy fires going for you guys? Getting under control?

Gibbo

Wow!! Sure hope things cool off for you soon. How are the crazy fires going for you guys? Getting under control?

We had a cool change come through late last night, with light rain in some areas. Just said on morning news, there's 11 still burning in the state of Victoria, and 142 still burning in the state of New South Wales, with 29 still uncontrolled. Hopefully the worst is over with the monsoon trough finally becoming active. The monsoon trough is what gives the top end of Australia it's wet season this time of year. It was late this year which led to all the heat.:clap2:

Top Bottom