Help- power steering

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Ok so during my last outing to Bronco Canyon I lost my power steering for the second time. Pump went out and I drove it for probably an hour with the pump clicking. I replaced the pump, flushed the lines, removed metal from the screen, and bleed the air from the system. Now I have very little power assist at a standstill, I can only get 1/4 turn from the steering wheel before it binds and feels like full manual steering. If I barely start rolling it frees up and feels completely normal. My question is could it be I just got a dud replacement pump, or could this be steering gear related?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

The first time could have been the pump itself but after that I would say your problem is not originating from the pump. And the metal in the screen is a good sign of the gear box

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I should clarify the first pump I replaced lasted about a year. So I only replaced it once since it failed last weekend. I am thinking the same thing about the metal since I remember hearing that these pumps have plastic veins.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Some Mopar hoses had an inner liner that came un-bonded from inside and then restrict the system. Check for that too.

Top Bottom